Chapter 16. Edited.

A girl entered into the garden laughing while talking to someone in her phone. She was brunette, light eyes and not so tall. Like me but noisier.

"Harry!" She yelled and ran to hug him. He stood up from the trampoline and lifted her up in the air.

"How are you?" He asked her.

I couldn't see him with one of his girls so I preferred to get into the house and help Anne with the serving.
When everything was prepared and served Anne called them.

"Are you going to stay with us for lunch?" Anne asked the girl.

"Well..." She looked at Harry and he nodded like begging her to stay. I really wanted to leave.

I had my eyes on my smashed potatoes, rice and beans and in Robin and Anne's questions at me. Meanwhile Harry and his friend talked about their childhood and when they were dating when they were 11 years old.

"Emily, I must show you something," Harry stood up and walked her to his room.

I checked my watch, it was 3:28pm.

"I really appreciated the food, ma'am." I thanked Anne. "It was delicious, you have an amazing talent on food. I need to go now, it's too late,"

I stood up, as did she.

"Where can I take a bus?" I asked her.

"A bus? No way sweetheart. Harry is going to take you home,"

"He is busy so..." I thought about Jacob instantly. "I'm going to call a friend to come for me,"

"Well, if you say so. But until that friend comes here you must sit in the living room," she took up some dishes from the table, I helped her taking everything to the kitchen. Robin was outside doing some gardening.

Jacob arrived when Harry and Emily climbed down the stairs.

"Do you want to go outside with us?" Emily asked to me.

"No... I have to go now, sorry," I wasn't sorry, I was happy for finally being able to leave.

"Do you want me to take you?" Harry asked me. Oh well, now he cared about me.

"Jacob came for me. Bye, have fun." I said and opened the door.

Jacob was walking towards the door, I knew Harry and the girl where behind me so I hugged Jacob and kissed his cheek.

"Shall we go?"

I nodded and climbed into the car. We were in the middle of the path when Jacob placed his hand on my lap.

"What happened?" He asked me.
I didn't know if it was a good idea to tell him but Harry confused me a lot and I wanted to cry, again.
"I'm sick of this." I concluded after detailing him everything that happened today.

"I knew it," he stopped in front of my house. "He is a pop star, he thinks he can mess with every girl around. As a friend and because I want you so much, it's better if you forget about him and focus on your career. That's what you must do," he opened his door and then opened mine. "I'm going to spend New Year with my mother so I'm going to the airport." He kissed my forehead. "If you need something, call me. Okay?"
I nodded and he went away.

He was so right, I need to forget him and focus on my own life. I told my mom to make that special dinner so I could distract myself from today. Harry called me all day but I didn't answer.

Just after I sat on my chair my home's phone started ringing desperately.

"Hi," no one answered so I repeated 'hi' again a lot of times. I sat and ate with my family.
Mom told me they were planning on moving together so it meant Jacob was going to be my stepbrother.
I didn't really hate the idea.

...
Last day of the year. I was Facetiming Kaylee, she was telling me all about LA and that I was so invited to her house if I was still bored.

"You know? I'm going to accept," I told her.

"Really? OMG! When are you coming?" She asked.

"In two days. Is it okay?" I felt something crashing on my window. I turned around but there was nothing.

"I saw it too. It was a little rock or something similar. Maybe the wind." Kay said.

I looked outside and the sky was completely grey, it was slowly raining and when I looked down a car just like Harry's was parked there.

"Kay, I need to go," I hung up and climbed down the stairs. I opened the front door but no one was in the car and it was raining so hard. I was home alone so no one could open the door to let him in, maybe a neighbour bought that car? I wasn't so sure because it's so expensive and in my neighborhood no one is this rich.
Suddenly I heard something splashing in the garden but it was just the rain. I was wet and no one was in my house so I walked back to my room and when I opened the door Harry had one of my baby pics in his hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"Hey," he turned around and smiled.

I crossed my arms and asked him the same question again.

"You weren't answering my calls," he said.

"I was busy," I lied. I've done nothing.

"Well. Right now you are not." He sat on my bed.

"Who told you I was not?"

"You've being rude just like the very first time," he said.

"You are in my house without my permission and I'm the rude one here. Okay."

"I'm sorry. Okay?" He stood up and left the pic on the bed. "I don't know why I let you go,"

"Let me go?" I laughed sarcastically. "I'm not mad because you didn't go after me when I left your house,"

"Not in that moment. I mean in the trampoline when Emily by surprise arrived there. I swear I didn't know she was going to show up, we haven't seen each other since 2004 I don't know,"

"It's okay," I said. "I must get ready for the New Year's party so if you'd please go, it'd be such a favour," he was always apologizing and I wasn't going to believe him once more.

"Can you please stop saying its okay when it's not because I know you feel the same way I do," he sighed.

"What do I feel?" I asked calmly even though I was shaking inside.

"You like me. Don't say you don't because if it wasn't true you wouldn't give be these opportunities after I mess up with you,"

He was right. But I was not that brave to tell him the truth.

"You're wrong," I managed to speak. "I haven't given you any opportunities. Maybe I did like you but now I don't. I spent a day with you instead with my mom and what did you do? Ignore me because Emily came to your house." I was saying nothing but the truth and the pain on my chest was back. I burst into tears once again. "Go away please," I didn't want to see him after I told him I liked him, it was embarrassing.

"I really like you," he whispered and got closer to me. He rubbed my cheek and wiped my tears, my legs were shaking like jelly on a spoon again. "You are different and that's why I like you. You don't mind calling me jerk or asshole and I love it," he was staring at me and I was staring at him.