Youth of the Night (Chapter 23)

23.

I just wanted everyone to know... if you'd like to contact me out side of the watt pad world please look me up on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/stacyleonhardt...... just let me know your from watt pad so I can add you!

______________________________________________________________

"Are you okay?" Ali asked as Rhys busied himself around the tiny apartment. He seemed nervous and on the edge.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He stated, his voice flat and without emotion. He looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"You sure? Your acting funny." Ali walked up behind him slipping her arms around his waist hugging his lean body to hers. "I am here if you want to talk, Rhys."

"I know." He spoke softly then turned around in her arms and looked down on Ali. "I'm okay, just thinking." Rhys placed a kiss softly on Ali's forehead.

Knock Knock Knock

"Who the hell?" Ali whispered as she peeked at the door. Rhys slipped out of her arms moving slowly to the door peaking out the window to see who it was. After unlatching the locks he swung the door, in the doorway stood a middle aged man in a gray suit with a brief case white knuckled in his hand.

"Yes? Can I help you?"

"Are you Rhys Collins?" The well dressed stranger asked.

"Yes, I am, who wants to know?" Rhys' voice was stern and leery, Ali couldn't help but to prepare herself to shift at a moments notice. Life hadn't been easy for them the past couple weeks and even though the danger seemed to be gone now, it was hard to go back to a normal life.

"I'm Marcus Campbell, I'm a lawyer. I have the last will and testament of your mother Catherine Collins and your father Avery Collins." He mentioned as he gestured to his briefcase that dangled at his side.

Rhys moved from the door way allowing the man in, "Come in please." Rhys glanced over at Ali, she knew instantly that she needed to call her father to witness this. Ali backed up quietly into the kitchen lifting the phone from the wall and dialed the her father's number.

"Hello?"

"Dad, are you home?"

"Yes, why?"

"Um. A lawyer just showed up at Rhys' place and says he has the wills of his parents. I think you may need to come over here." Ali waited for a response but all she her was dead noise, a second later there was a soft tapping on the door. Ali walked up to the door and let Connor in the door.

"Mr. Campbell, this is my legal guardian, Connor Baynes. Connor this man is the lawyer for my parents. He's brought their wills." Rhys stated as he moved over on the couch for Ali to sit down beside him.

Connor politely greeted him and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed, listening intently over the proceedings.

"Well Mr. Collins it seems your parents left both their life insurance policies to you and all of their other possessions, including bank account totals."

"I don't want my father's possessions." Rhys interrupted.

"Well we will gladly assist you in disposing of them, whether we have an estate auction or something different. The house has been completely paid for as well as any final expenses. Normally we do this kind of thing through a letter in the mail or have you come to our office. But since your family just relocated and this account is of a substantial size the partners sent me."

"Substantial size?" Rhys and Ali said at the same time. Ali's eyes narrowed as she glance sideways at Rhys, who looked equally as confused as she was.