Youth of the Night (Chapter 4)

4.

Watch the video when I tell you too.... that way you understand how the following part is going!!!

__________________________________________________________________

"Jada, I know he thinks I'm cute but I already told you, I want to be seen differently!" Ashling whispered loudly, her eyes darting around the room making sure she wasn't attracting any attention from the teacher or fellow students.

"Well, then maybe we should give you a make over?" Jada announced happily.

"A makeover? I can't come home looking like a whore, my mom and dad would kill me!" Ashling glanced over at Doyle, who was watching her from the corner of his eye, she was sure he heard every word they were talking about.

"I won't! Come stay the night over at my house tomorrow." Ashling's smile faded quickly, she remember tomorrow night was the full moon, and she had no clue if she'd be shifting for the first time or not.

"I... I can't." Jada looked at her confused as to why.

"Why not?"

"I have a family thing I have to do with my grandparents that I can't get out of. Maybe next weekend?" She gave her friend a weak smile hoping to patch that issue.

"Yeah, that would be fine!" Jada smiled sweetly then turned quickly back to the black board as the teacher turned facing the class to finish her lecture.

_____________________________________________________

Ali had her head buried in her arms on her desk, she had a major headache and had already finished the in class assignment. Suddenly someone lightly tapped her waking her from her almost sleeping state.

"Huh?" She mumbled without raising her head.

"Hey, Ali. What are you doing tomorrow night? There is supposed to be this huge party and we HAVE to make an appearance." Bethany's excited voice whispered.

Ali raise her head a bit resting her chin on her arm, "I can't. My cousin's are coming in from college and we have a family thing to do."

"Bring them with you." Bethany urged, continuing to tell her how she HAD to be there.

"Look, Bethy, I know you are always looking out for my reputation, but I really can't get away, and my cousins don't want to come to some stupid high school party." Ali pleaded with her friend to stop bugging her.

"Fine, but when no one wants to hang around with, you know who to blame." Bethany pouted, she usually did this every time she didn't get her way, Ali had learned to just ignore it, eventually she'd get over it and forget why she was upset to begin with.

Ali had been ignore Rhys all morning though she was certain he couldn't help but to over hear the conversation between her and Bethany, suddenly she started to speak again. "Hey, Rhys." She used her most seductive voice causing Ali to laugh to herself as she buried her head once again.

"Yeah?" He turned slightly in his seat, glancing over at Ali's arms covered with her chocolate brown curls, he wondered how soft they were.

"So there is a party this weekend, wanna go with me? I'll introduce you to a bunch of new people." She purred, Ali was certain at this point she had reached out and touched some part of Rhys, Bethany pulled out all the tricks to pull a guy in no matter how hard he tried to resist.

"I can't." He stated quickly.

"Oh come on, I'll make it worth the time!" Bethany asked softly, Ali couldn't resist any longer she looked up to watch it all unfold.