Youth of the Night (Chapter 13)

13.

I just wanted to say first off, I'm so glad to have my computer back up and running!!! And I finally got my paws on a actual word processor!!! Yippee!!! No more online dictionaries! I haven't written any of this down yet so I'm not sure how this will turn out, I know what I want to happen so I'm just going with the flow. And before you get to the story, I wanted to thank Nluvwitvampyres... Thank you for telling all your fans about my story, I haven't had anyone do that before, or not that I know of at least. And that was awesome. I was so excited to see that I was nearly jumping up and down as I was driving down the interstate! My hubby read the email to me as I was driving ppl so don't freak I wasn't driving and texting! Any who.... enjoy!

_________________________________________________________________________________

The next day everyone returned to school together, Rhys rode with Ali and the twins since his car was still in hiding, so to speak. Once they pulled into the parking lot they all piled out muscle car shutting the doors behind them. Rhys made his way around the car grabbing Ali's hand and lacing his fingers with hers. She looked up at him and smiled, "You know Bethany is going to give me an ear full the second we walk in that room like this." Rhys shrugged, he didn't care what anyone thought of him and her, as long as he had her he would be fine.

"She'll get over it. Maybe for once that pathetic girl will get it through her head that I don't want her." Rhys tugged on her hand leading the way into school.

"She can't help her self, Rhys. She's never been told NO before." Ali chuckled, she knew that no matter what her friendship was most likely over with Bethany. Bethany could never understand the bond that Rhys and her now have, and Ali was certain that she would try everything in her power to try and break them up. Ali had seen it so many times before with Bethany, if there was someone in her way of what she wanted she'd simply find a way to remove them from the picture.

He pulled her close to him, hooking his arm around her resting his hand on Ali's hip, he whispered lightly in her ear, "Well I'm your's, and you my dear are mine." His soft voice tickled Ali's neck and ear causing her skin to rise with goosebumps.

Walking into class Ali spotted Bethany sitting in the back in her usual seat looking down at a magazine in front of her. All the other girls in class began to whisper seeing Rhys holding onto Ali's hip. The sudden buzz of whispers caught Bethany's attention and she looked up to see Rhys lean over and kiss Ali softly before letting go of her to make his way to his seat. Her mouth dropped suddenly, what the hell was going on now? She had tried everything after last week when Ali was so upset after their date when horribly, then they disappear during chorus, and NOW they are linked together like nothing ever happened? Was she in the damn twilight zone or what?

"Hey Ali," Bethany composed herself quickly and smiled sweetly.

"Bethany." Ali spoke stiffly not formally greeting her.

"Look, I'm really sorry about Friday." She whispered since the Coach Nelson had begun his lesson. "I don't know what came over me. I wasn't thinking."

Ali simply nodded. After waiting a few seconds she glanced over at the hurt look on Bethany's face and whispered back, "I know you weren't thinking. Don't think this hasn't changed something between us because it has. And do me a favor, Bethany."

"What?" She looked intently on Ali as she whispered quickly back.

"Leave my boyfriend alone." With that Ali turned to face the front of the room, she glanced in Rhys' direction he was looking toward the front but she could see his lips pulled up into a sexy smile. While she was jotting down notes she had began to zone out everyone around her until a small piece of paper whizzed by landing on her desk. Unfolding it she read the perfect hand writing.