Youth of the Night (Chapter 7)

7.

"So you see Alpha, I'm extremely worried about my mate and son. That boy has been a handful since he first shifted, completely out of control. We had to leave our last pack because he blamed me for beating my mate, when I watched him do it." Avery Collins sat staring at Ian with a worried look upon his face.

"Avery, we will do everything we can to find them and we will punish if him if I deem it necessary. Go home and try to relax, I'll send my most trusted trackers after her." Ian gave him his usual stern look.

Avery nodded quickly the rose from the couch holding his hand out to the Alpha, who shook it back strongly. After bid the Alpha and his mate a good night, he made his way out the car pulling his cell phone out as he jumped in the car.

"The plans are changing, my son has taken my wife into hiding." He spoke quickly then snapped the phone shut.

________________________________________________________

Ali and Rhys followed Connor into the living room quietly where everyone else was waiting, including Jake, Madison, their children and Doyle and Ashling.

"Sit!" Connor said sternly. Ali and Rhys quickly sat down on the small love seat pushing their bodies closer together. Ali's eyes looked over the room noticing everyone staring at her and Rhys, Ash was wiggling her eye brows, the boys were all elbowing each other nodding in their direction.

"What is ya'll deal? Can I not sit by him?" Ali snapped, sending Ashling in to a fit of giggles.

"Enough, children. We have something serious to talk about and it has NOTHING to do with Ali sucking face with Rhys." Connor couldn't help but smile at his daughter sending everyone into a fit of giggles now, while both Ali and Rhys' face flushed red. "Okay, enough. Alpha just called, Rhys' father knows that he has taken his mother, he was fishing for clues but hasn't been lead on to any. We are assuming his original plans have been trumped but I think it is safe to say he will adjust his plans accordingly, right?" Connor looked for a response from Rhys, who simply nodded. "Well then, since we aren't aware if the twins will shift tomorrow, we will go about the shift as we have been, Ashling and Doyle, you will follow us into the clearing and we will see if you do in fact shift with the rest of us, if you don't you know what to do. Rhys, you and your mother will shift with us, we have a clearing across the street that is hidden by a acre of forest. From there we are to remain in our small area, not getting close to the packs area at all, we have to keep Rhys and Catherine's where abouts quiet."

"What about my father, he still has plans for the Alpha." Rhys questioned quietly.

"Alpha will be surrounded at all times by the guard, since you are new to the pack your father hasn't had the pleasure of meeting all of them, even the ones who are secretly a member. We have to keep our defenses up, anything smell or seem funny don't hesitate to sound a warning. Try to stay as close together as possible I don't want anything to happen to anyone." With that said he looks over at the twin, Ashling and Doyle giving them a worried look then cutting his gaze to his mate. Kalee's face registered with understanding, Connor was worried about losing his daughter the same way he had his sister.

Everyone understood his warning, soon after the small meeting Connor broke off to talk to Jake in private allowing everyone else to filter out of the room. Ali glanced over at Rhys, who looked lost in thought, she nudged him lightly motioning towards the door. He got up from the couch walking out the front door with Ali following closely behind.

"I want to show you something." She whispered, he nodded giving her a slight smile. Ali snagged his hand and started down the steps pulling him behind her. Soon they had crossed the street in to the thick wooded area, easily making their way through the brush Rhys was able to keep up with Ali's quick pace. After five minutes of walking they came to big clearing, the moon shone brightly down on it as the trees cast shadows everywhere. Ali continued to walk into the clearing as Rhys lingered in the shadows as she reached the center she turned to see him still standing in the darkness of the trees. She smiled brightly as she moved to lay down in the thick grass, gazing up at the sky.