Youth of the Night (Chapter 15)

15.

Sorry everyone this one is shorter than my normal, I've been drawing a bit of a blank. And those of you who deal with writer's block know how annoying it is! Please vote vote vote and comment, let me know what's going on in ya'll heads, so far the story is #71 on the What's hot list, let's see if we can get it closer! And don't forget I posted a new story that is going through a trial period, You're Just Not My Type, read it and vote for it. Once I get 15 votes on Chapter 1 I'll post Chapter 2!!!! Thanks ya'll!!!

<3<3

Stacy

Ali eyes looked over the scene, her father was picking himself up from the ground taking a defensive stance. The second Rhys had realized who was ahead of him he launched himself at the wolf. The snarls ripping from them were deafening. Rhys latched on the hind quarters of the other wolf and ripping his teeth into him and sending him flying across the dense forest. The wolf's body slammed hard into a tree causing the tree to buckle and bend at the force. Ali was frozen in her place, unable to move or talk, she couldn't come to grips as to what was in front of her.

"You really shouldn't of done that Rhys. Do you want to be added to that list of people that need to be "moved" out of my way?" Avery asked slowly pulling himself up from the forest floor.

"Try me." Rhys snarled loudly snapping his strong jaws.

Avery glanced over his shoulder, noticing an opening to leave, but as he was going to leap towards his freedom Rhys pounced on his back snapping at the back of his father's neck. Avery started bucking wildly attempting to knock him off, only causing Rhys to clamp down harder. After hopping around he finally knocked his son off his back only to send Rhys locked jaws around his throat ripping the flesh open and blood to spill over the forest floor. Within second the older wolf's body went limp, his breathing was shallow and labored.

"Rhys! Don't kill him!" Connor called forcefully.

"Why not? He killed my mother, and your father. He won't stop until he is dead. I can't have him kill anyone else." Rhys panted heavily.

"We will do this properly, through pack law. You mother deserves that justice and so does my father." Connor's eyes move to see Ali still standing there, her eyes fixed on the limp body, unable to show emotion. "The guard are on their way, they will take him into custody and we will hold a council meeting with the pack involved. I will see that you get your revenge, young one." Connor moved toward him slowly as if he was approaching a bomb ready to explode. Young wolves were known to be volatile and didn't want to push his limits. "Allison? Are you okay?" Connor called out softly, he noticed she hadn't blinked in over a minute or moved, her body was shaking. "ALLISON?" Her head snapped up looking at Connor with fright behind her eyes. Breathing heavy she stared at her father then turned quickly running away, she pushed her body to its max willing herself to not give in to the exhaustion creeping into her muscles. She listened behind her making sure no one was following her, she had to get away.

Death. She had been surrounded by nothing but death the past weeks. Ali couldn't take it any longer, she wanted no part in it. Why couldn't her life be normal, she didn't want to worry about murderous fathers, finding runaway mother's bodies, or sudden deaths of her dearest loved ones. After running for what seemed hours, the moon was hanging lazily in the western sky she knew dawn would be breaking soon. She hadn't heard anyone coming near so she knew she was finally alone and far away from her troublesome life she left behind. Finally feeling safe enough, she allowed herself to relax into a pile of fallen leaves under a large tree and sleep quickly over took her over worked body.

_____________________________________________________

Blain showed up in human form with the rest of the guard behind him some were still phased and assisted by pulling the limp body back to the bar cell that was hidden behind Connor's parents house. Connor watched Ali run away assuming she would go back to the rest of the pack he stopped Rhys from casing after her. The young wolf still seemed edgy even after his father was restrained and taken into custody.