Alex gave me one last look and squeezed my hand before walking away.

Isabella came up behind me and whispered in my ear.
"Be careful, okay?"

I nodded at her.
I might have been mad at her but I could tell that she really did care about my safety.

"Good luck." I told her.
She smiled in appreciation.

Before she could exit the jet, Jason held on to her forearm.

"We have to talk eventually." He told her.
Isabella pulled away from him.

"We have nothing to talk about." She spat before walking away.

A look of sadness crossed Jasons face.
I felt awkward just standing there like I had just witnessed a private moment.

His usual scowl came back when his eyes rested on me.
He walked past me.

Three of the huge men in suits followed behind and I took that as a cue to follow too.

I had a hard time keeping up with their long strides but they soon came to an abrupt stop in the cockpit.

The three men parted to reveal Jason who looked as irritated as ever.

"How slow can you be." He muttered angrily as he grabbed my arm and pulled me forward.

I looked out the window and saw a bunch of men with cameras running towards the door of the plane, no doubt to meet Alex.

Jason shoved a black hoodie into my arms.
"Put that on and keep your head down. It's unlikely that anyone will notice us with Harry keeping them busy but still, don't take that hoodie off until we're in the car." He explained as he put on a black cap and dark sun glasses.
I threw on the oversized hoodie and let it cover my hair and half my face.

"Joey, you take front rank. Mikey, Greg, you're in the back." He instructed the three men.
He grabbed my arm and we exited through the pilots door.

As Jason said, no one took notice of us, they were busy pestering Alex with questions about where he had been. I fought the urge to look back at him.

From what I could tell, we were at La Guardia airport.

Three black SUVs were parked in front of us.
Jason dragged me to the passenger seat of the one parked in the middle before he jogged to the other side and got in through the driver's side.

He waited for the first guy to start moving first, Joey, if I recall correctly then he followed. The other two were right behind us.

We sat in an uncomfortable silence. I looked out the window watching cars and buildings pass by. I knew there was no point in asking how long we were to our destination so I just tried to pass time.

I had never been to New York so I was trying to take in as much of the scenery as possible.
We had driven for about ten minutes when Jason decided to speak.

"I don't like you." He spoke seriously.
"No kidding." I muttered
I wasn't surprised because I already knew that but I didn't think he would admit it out loud.
His hands tightened around the steering wheel.

"I swear, the day Harry realises you're not worth all this-"

"What have I ever done to you?" I snapped.
I doubt anyone would dare talk to him like that but I had to get it off my chest.

I have known ever since I started dating Alex that I would never be good enough for him but hearing it from someone else was different. It hurt much more.

"Ever since you met me, you've done nothing but criticise me. Why don't you get that I do love Alex and Isabella. I would never do anything to hurt them."

"You already have!" He snapped.

"How have I-"

He cut me off. "Because you're a distraction. You don't only pull Harry's focus, you pull Bella's too and that is the most dangerous thing you can do to people like them. You need to have your head in the game when you're dealing with the type of people we deal with. The minute you have a weakness, our enemies will find out about it and try to destroy you through it. So as long as you're here, both Harry and Isabella are dead people walking."

I turned to look outside the window trying to fight back tears.

I didn't say anything else because as much as I hated to admit it, he was right.
I would only slow down Alex and Isabella.
Although I didn't understand all this, I already knew that my presence was just making Alex and Isabella vulnerable.
How were they supposed to live proper lives if they had to watch over me all the time.
I would be a burden to them and that isn't fair.
After another five minutes, I spoke.

"Fine." I whispered.

"What was that?" He asked.

I turned to face him.
"I said fine. I'll leave. I'll be on the next flight back home tomorrow morning."

Jason smirked.
"That's the smartest thing you've said since I met you."

"I just..." my voice choked. "Just give me a chance to say goodbye."

He seemed to think about it before nodding his head. "Okay, I'll take you to the house. You can wait for them until they get back but after that you have to leave. I'll even pay-"

"I don't want your money." I snapped.

"Suit yourself." He replied.

He sighed. "You're making the right choice. A lot of people would kill to have this opportunity."

"Right." I muttered. Leaving the one man I loved the most didn't seem like the right choice at all. And Isabella had been more of a sister to me than a friend.

I felt like I was walking away from happiness.
"If it means keeping them safe, I'll do it." I whispered more to myself than to him.