Chapter 80

My father had left the house gate open. I walked over to the house. Guilherme was right behind me. The house door was also left open and I entered the house. Flashbacks of him hurting me instantaneously starting coming back to me.7813351010 I design hair co

I could hear my mom crying from the kitchen, I quickly ran up to her.

Manuela: "Mom?" I called out, she looked at me startled.

Carla: "My God, Manu. Is that really you?! I can't believe it. My precious daughter is here." I approached her and, helped her up.

I didn't really have any strength, because I couldn't put pressure on my foot. But Guilherme came and helped me. She got up and I could now see her bruises clearer. I looked down at mine which were almost gone. It just brought back so much pain.

She hugged me tightly and cried a lot. -"where have you been, my love? Why did you leave the house... and leave me?"

She cupped my face in both hands and placed kisses all over my cheeks.

She saw my foot with the cast on and the questions started.

Carla: "What happened to your foot Manu? Gosh you look beautiful. Are you okay? Have you been living on the streets?"

Manuela: "Easy, Mom. Take it slow. One question at a time."

She smiled. -"Let's sit down? You don't look too good to be standing and neither am I."
She nodded and we sat down on the couch. Guilherme sat down beside me.

Carla: "Where are you living, my love? And this handsome guy? Is he your boyfriend?" She smiled at Guilherme. He smiled back.

Manuela: "um.. well, Guilherme's mom let me stay at her house. And He's not my boyfriend. He is... just a good friend. That's all."

Carla: "It doesn't look like it. Not by the way he looks at you."

Manuela: "Mom!" I said looking at her embarrassed.-"Anyways, why haven't you reported dad yet?"

Carla: "You know I can't do that Manu, I just can't."

Manuela: "Well you already know how I feel about you choosing not too."

Carla: "Just forget that. And give me another hug" She hugged me tightly and I responded with an even tighter hug.

Oh man, I miss my mom so much. Nothing felt better than being there and seeing her again. Sometimes I wish it was just her and I living here a happy life.

Manuela: "I think I should go now. Before that monster shows up and see me here."

Carla: "Yeah, he won't be very happy to see you especially when you've run away."

Manuela: "Okay, Mom. Takes care of yourself."

Carla: "Don't forget about me again. Let me know how you are sometimes."

She hugged me again then pulled Guilherme into a group hug.

Carla: "Take care of my angel" she said to him. She smiled and he nodded.

Guilherme: "Don't worry, I will."

Manuela: "Bye, Mom."
We left the house and got into a taxi to take us back to Guilherme's house.

It was already really dark outside. I've been trying to hold in my crying all the way back. But the tears broke through. Guilherme pulled me in closer to him in the taxi and made me lay my head on his shoulder. He played with my fingers and tried to comfort me. 

Even though he didn't say anything, he knew he didn't have to. Just him being there with me.. that was enough.