Chapter 37

Jack: "Wow, Manu, you look so good!"

Manuela: "Thank you Jack. You look good too."

Flavia went downstairs and she looked magnificent.

Bruna: "I feel and look like shit today. You guys  look so hot." We laughed.

Guilherme appeared at the top of the stairs and stared at me for what felt like a long time. I gave him a smile and he smiled back. He went down the stairs and sat on the couch. Guilherme looked at us so much, it felt like he was drying us out.

Flavia: "Let's get out of here before we get dehydrated or something."

Amanda: "I don't get it."

Flavia: "When do you get anything?" She said mockingly. The sunset looked really pretty so we waited outside for Helen to come pick us up. She was late. Then she gets mad when we're late. I rolled my eyes.

Bruna: "I'll be right back. I'm going to go  get my lipstick inside really quick."

Flavia: "There's lipstick at the club." She looked weirdly at Bruna.

Bruna: "I know, but I just want this specific color... I'll be right back. I'll be fast!"

Flavia: "All right. Hurry."

I leaned against the railing. We waited for five minutes and still no sign of Helen.

Manuela: "I'm going to wait for her inside. It's getting cold and I'm tired of standing in these heels."

Flavia: "ok."

I entered the house and saw Bruna facing Guilherme closely, who was sitting on the sofa. She stood there and held his face. I had definitely walked in the middle of something. I knew it! Those two don't fool me. Many thoughts went through my mind. I stared at them for a few seconds until I turned to leave but my shoe made a noise when it touched the floor as I took a step. Shit!

Manuela: "sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you guys. I just came to Sit. Helen's taking too long... And don't worry I didn't see anything."

Guilherme quickly got up from the sofa and walked towards me.
Guilherme: "There wasn't anything to be seen, Manu."

Manuela: "I know what I saw, Guilherme. But it's all right. It's non of my business."

Bruna: "Don't say anything to Helen... Please... Manu."

Manuela: "I won't just relax Bruna. Seriously ..."

I left the living room as fast as I could. My heart was racing. The feelings that were developing towards Guilherme had been interrupted by my stupid decision to not get involved with him and become the best prostitute. But that was too much. I already had suspicions. I knew there was something going on between them but I didn't want to believe it. I was doing fine with my decision until I saw Bruna in that position, about to kiss Guilherme, I felt as if someone punched my in the gut. It was a horrible pain. But I blocked any reaction to it and used that in my favor.