Chapter 25

Flavia may not have known me for long but she really knows when something's going on. This was a good thing on one hand but on the other it sucked.

Manuela: "there's no chemistry, Flá."

Flavia: "Go tell that to someone else. I know it when I see it. Manu. I know there's something going on. You don't have to hide it from me." She smiled.

Manuela: "there's nothing to hide."

Flavia: "Are you really going to make me ask Guilherme?" She got up, walked to the door and threatened to go ask him.

Manuela: "No!" My reaction was instantaneous. I ran up to her and held her arm. She looked at my hand that held her arm and gave a satisfied smile.

Flavia: "I knew it. You should've seen the way your eyes bulged out" She laughed.

I took my hand off her arm.

"Tell me now... please."

Manuela: "fine... I put my hand on the back of my neck. I'll tell you but you...

Flavia: I'm not going to tell anyone, Manu. Relax. I've known we we're going to friends since that day I saw you on the streets. I wouldn't ruin our friendship."

Manuela: "ok. Well we kissed... twice. One of them was from a bet. It wasn't really anything serious. That's it."

Flavia looked at me with a 'I'm just not buying it' look . It was funny.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm serious."

Flavia: "Manuuuuela..." She stretched out the 'u' in my name. "Don't lie. You have stronger feelings towards him right!?"

Manuela: "No. Are you crazy?" I hope that was convincing enough. - "I don't want to have problems with Helen you know this already."

Flávia: "Okay. If that's what you want me believe. But tell me about the kisses. What was that bet?"

Manuela: "The bet is a lot to explain. But he won and asked me for a kiss."

Flavia: "You probably hated it" She said sarcastically.

"Sure did" I laughed- "Then he said that he would let me choose something for him to do too. And I told him to pretend we were dating  on the subway, and make a scene. It was really funny, he was pretty convincing. Then I kissed him."

Flávia: "Okay. But hold on... Did you kiss him? Or he kissed you?" She raised an eyebrow.
"You better evaluate, girl."

Manuela: "I kissed him but only to make the scene believable. He kisses badly."

Flavia: "Does he really? I swore he was like an amazing kisser."

Manuela: "So you've never kissed him?"

Flavia: "Unlike you, I don't want trouble with Helen. And Guilherme isn't really the type of guy I'm into. I'm not into him like the other girls are."

Manuela: "How are they into him ?" I frowned, but I knew exactly what she was talking about.

Flavia: "You never noticed the way the girls look at him when he passes by? Or when he doesn't have a shirt on? Amanda and Lua are always drooling over him."

Manuela: "You think they drool over him from afar?"

Flavia: "What do you mean?"

Manuela: "Don't you think that they've already been all over Guilherme?"

Flavia: "You really think so?"

Manuela: "Based on that little scene that Bruna did before. She probably hurt his feelings on purpose so she could later apologize to him when they're alone. And probably some of the other girls were already all over him too."

Flavia: "I always thought they wouldn't risk it. But now you have me curious."