Chapter 7

Unedited*

"Can you guys shut up? I'm Tired of listening to you guys bicker." Helen looked at me and changed her face expression.

"Manuela is your name right." I nodded my head. "The house is now also yours. But for the benefit of all of us, their are some rules that we must follow here. Sit down so we could talk better." She motioned for me to sit on the couch.

I didn't say anything and followed the 'orders' Helen. I sat on the couch and Helen sat next to me. The girls turned towards us so we could as have a face to face conversation.

"Well, all the girls have chores to perform. The girls are organized and decided between them which would be the day of each of the tasks. You can talk to them about when will be your day. If you do not comply to your part, your percentage of the money you earn will be decreased. So it's better to do them." I kept quiet and nodded.

"Also, I do not want any scenes in front of the customers. You can hate and kill each other here but will become the bestest of friends when a customer is around. You can only decline a costumer when you are sick or something really important related to school happens. The customer is always right. You should do exactly what was paid to be done and it is to do be done well. 60% will go to me and the other 40% for yourself.
Oh, and do not even think in messing around with my son. Everyone here is permanently prohibited in wanting to do anything intimate with Guilherme" said Helen.

Her son's name reminded me of the boy who bumped into me on the street while I still lived at my parent's house. Crazy to think about it now.

I returned from the world of the daydreaming when Helen spoke again.

"Are we agreed? If there's anything else I forgot to mention, I'll tell you later on."

"Ok Helen. Thanks again for letting me stay here" I thanked her.

"No. Thank you, darling. Now, go take a shower. You really need it."

"Come. I'll show you your room" Flavia said while getting up. She took me to a large room. There were three beds, two queens and a twin.

I first though it would be Flavia and Amanda's; as they were the ones who seemed to control everything.

"Won't Amanda be bothered by my presence here?"

"Why? Are you crazy? This room is mine and is now yours as well" she responded.

"But I thought..." I paused and decided not to finish my saying "Never mind."

"Okay, I sleep in this bed here. You can stay in whichever one you want."

I took the other queen bed that was leftover and put my suitcase in a corner next to it.

"Now go take a shower and then wear this." Flavia opened the closet and pulled out a very short dress for me to wear. Flavia gave me a towel and I took the longest shower ever in world history.

I was just standing for minutes and minutes under the running water thinking about what my life would be from today forward.

I cried, sobbed, and punched the tile shower wall several times. There you go Manuela. Like the bruises all over your body weren't enough. Well, here another one for your collection.

  I finished showering. Leaving myself, a little relieved and finally Feeling clean.

I put on the clean pink, tiny, skin tight, dress that Flavia had given me. She was not in the room when I left the bathroom, so I decided to go down to the room with all the other girls.