Chapter 22

I sat down next to Flavia on one of the couches.

Helena: "Before you guys start yapping around nonstop, Let me get right to the point. So the school year will start soon and you'll have to go. It's already hard enough not letting anyone find out about the type of business I run. It'll be 3x harder. I do not want to get caught! I'll go after whoever exposes me so think twice about that."

Bruna: "make sure you don't open your big mouth Amanda."

What bruna had said was so out of the blue and random but true. Amanda did have a loud mouth. I tried not to laugh at what she had said.

Helen: "Shut up Bruna!" She looked annoyingly at Bruna, Amanda was grinning from ear to ear since Bruna got called out by Helen.

Helen: "Anyways, Everyone here is enrolled at a school already, except for Manuela Right?" I nodded when she looked at me. "We'll figure that out later"

Why did Helen want us to go to school? My head knotted in so many ways. Maybe she's not that insensitive, and even if she does make profits from us working for her, she hopes we can get out of here someday and maybe have a better life. Without having an education we would continue to live in this shitty lifestyle.

Guilherme: "mom, why am I in this meeting?"

Helen: "Let me finish, son. I don't want anything, at all, of what the girls do here said to anyone. I do trust you, Gui. But this business is serious. I can go to jail because of it. All girls are underage and you are too, Gui. I can lose custody of you; So, girls, don't even think about opening your big mouths about anything that happens here."

Bruna: "yes, of course, because we all dream of being exposed to the world that we are all prostitutes."

Helen: "God Damn it, Bruna, who gave you permission to open that shit hole you call your mouth? Don't say a word, I could care less about what you have to say."

The girls looked shocked at each other. Helen was kind of rude to Bruna, but she was quiet and said nothing else after that.

Guilherme: "I would never speak about what happens here to anyone. Even though I'm not proud of it, I don't want to put you at risk. From me, no one will ever know anything."

Helen: "Are we understood, girls? You can hate me as much as you want, but if you put yourself at risk, don't bring me down the hole with you."

We all nodded and Helen left the house. Guilherme kept talking to the girls and I a little.

Guilherme: "I can only imagine how much my mom annoys you girls.

Bruna: "You have no idea."

Jackeline: "She's no flower to pick" she laughed.

Guilherme: "But she's still my mom."

Bruna: "Random thought; just look at the living your mom has made for you. Making you live under the same roof as prostitutes. I'm sure she'll be elected mother of the year. Don't you think?"

Guilherme looked oddly angry at Bruna. It seemed he was only punching her with his gaze. He got up and storm into his bedroom.