Chapter 39

Manuela: "But w..." I didn't continue. Luana looked at me with a weird look on her face.

The girl left and distributed the invitations around the cafeteria. It was pretty and had the name of the 'Regina' in fancy cursive writing. The party was this weekend. I don't think Helen would let us go. We make the most money on weekends. But Flavia had already given certainty of our appearance. I'll just ask her about it later.

The rest of class was boring. I bumped into the English teacher when I asked to go to the bathroom right before the bell rung.

Otávio: "Good morning, Manuela."

Manuela: "Good morning, Mr. Ramos"

He frowned. I paused and corrected myself- "sorry" I blushed. "Good morning, Otávio."

Otávio: "That's better, Manuela." He looked down at my boobs and his eyes made its way down my body. It made me feel uneasy.

Manuela: "Yeah ... I have to go. I'm late for last period. The teacher might not even let me in."

Otávio: "Okay, yeah go to class."

I entered the class and Flavia started to question me.

Flavia: "Who were you making out with in the bathroom Manu?"

Manuela: "I wasn't making out with anyone. Flá, can you believe the English teacher was staring down at my body."

Flavia: "Really? You better ride his face." She joked.

Manuela: "Are you crazy?"

Flávia: "What's so wrong with that? He's sexy and single."

Manuela: "And he's my teacher."

Guilherme: "Can you two be quiet and talk about riding the teacher's face later?"

Why was Guilherme even paying attention to my conversation with Flá?  Why doesn't he go mind Bruna's business instead of mine!

Manuela: "Fuck you" I said annoyingly.

Guilherme: "Okay but only later" he replied ironically. I frowned at him.

The class was soon over. The girls stayed with Flavia waiting for the Felipe's dad to pick him up. Guilherme asked me to walk home with him with him... I didn't know why but I accompanied him.

Manuela: "Why didn't you call your little girlfriend to come with you?" We were already down the street.

Guilherme: "Why do you think she's my girlfriend?"

Manuela: "Why did you call me to come with you?"

Guilherme: "So many questions."

Manuela: "I asked mine first, do I get an answer?"

Guilherme: "Fine. I didn't call my little girlfriend to come with me because I don't have a girlfriend."

Manuela: "So what do you call it?"

Guilherme: "Manu, just listen to me."

Manuela: "Ok" I agreed but raised an eyebrow.

"I wanted you to come with me so we could talk. I wanted to know why you had turned away from me. It was out of nowhere. One day we kissed and we become sorta friends. And the next day, you avoid me. What's going on. What did I do?"

What did you do? Other then the ice cream shop girl? The phone call girl? And Bruna? You did absolutely nothing... I thought.

Manuela: "Nothing, Guilherme. I'm just focused on something else."

Guilherme: "Can I know what this something is? Or someone?"

Manuela: "It's kind of personal."

Guilherme: "Is it a boyfriend?" I looked at him.

Manuela: "No. I mean ... I'd rather not say anything now."

Guilherme: "Oh... ok.

The conversation ended there and the rest of the walk home was silent.