Chapter 3

I woke up earlier than my mom the next day. I entered my room and took all my stuff silently, being careful not to wake her. I grabbed my suitcase and started folding a good amount of clothing. I also threw in basic necessities such as my toothbrush and deodorant and put it with the clothes inside the suitcase.

I had made my decision. I could not live under the same roof as that monster my father had become.

I finished making my suitcase and hid it in my closet. It was late, around noonish. I prepared a small lunch and took it to my mom. I woke her up with care; Not wanting to startle her. "Good morning, my dear. Carla said still half asleep.

"It's already Good evening, mom" I replied. I smiled and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"I brought you this lunch."

"Oh, thank you, Manu." I served it to her. After helping my mom eat a little, I gave a quick tidying up around in the house which by the way was a mess. Broken, shattered pieces of glass. Blood on the floor, knocked over furniture.

The day went by pretty fast.
Thank God there was no sign of my father. I would bet millions of dollars that he'd be sitting in the back of a bar drinking his sorrows from hurting my mom and I away.

Nighttime came.

I waited for my mom to sleep. It took longer than I had planned. I wrote a farewell letter to my her and left it on the nightstand.

I took my suitcase that was hidden in my closet and spent about five minutes looking at my bedroom. It was sad and painful to have to go out there and think that my mother could continue in that hell hole. I would even take her with me but for now, staying is best for her.

I left the house while dragging my suitcase behind me. I took a shuttle bus and went to a friend's house. Clara let me stay at her house for the night. She was the only true friend I had; not that I have any others. I started keeping myself hidden more and more from my old friends after my dad started to beat me. I was so ashamed of my injuries. Clara was the only one that did not ask me a bazillion questions about the details. This was something that I really liked about her; her loyalty. Clara's mother was not much of my fan. I was even a little embarrassed to ask to stay there. I asked them if it would be possible to leave my bag at their house while I try to find a place to stay. Clara saw no problem with that, but her mom had her doubts.

I took a shower and went out to look for a job. There was no way I would find a place to stay if I can't even afford it.

The lack of course and experience I  had, did not give me even minimally a place to work at. Whether it was at a job interview or even just applying for it.

The time was almost 6 pm and still nothing. I decided to go back to Clara's house and get my bag.

Despair and fear were going to have to take care of me. What Was I going to do from now on? I walked through streets and streets until I found an abandoned shed I grabbed a sweatshirt from my suitcase and placed it on the floor. I lied down on it. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep right there in the cold night.