Chapter 50

The next day, at school, I saw Guilherme talking to Regina. She was all over him. She was forcing herself onto Gui but he kept pushing her away.

Flavia noticed that I was watching them. Flávia: "has your feelings for him resurrected? "

Manuela: "No... that's totally out of the question" I pointed discreetly to the two of them. "Ughh Just look at them. I can't be with him because of Helen and that other reason too."

Flavia: "Don't even tell me about it. I would die if Felipe ever finds out. I'm terrified that he won't look at me the same."

We were sitting at a table in lunch. Felipe had gone to get us our food. The girls had abandoned us to drool over the basketball players, as always.

Luana and I weren't on speaking terms but we weren't talking to each other before the argument anyways.

Manuela: "You guys are so cute together and he loves you so much ..." I looked at her, she seemed upset."

Flavia: "And I love him too ... A lot. But what we do, it's not something I could just leave." She hugged me and cried softly.

Manuela: "Don't think of the worst. Not now, forget about that. " She nodded and Felipe came back to the table with our food.

Guilherme spent the whole lunch break talking to Regina.

Gabriel came to talk to me when I was going to the ladies' restroom.

Gabriel: "Hey Manuela. You never spoke to me again."

Manuela: "Hey Gabriel.. well you never said hi anymore."

Gabriel: "I'm here now"- he smiled. "I came here to ask you if you'd like to go out with me on Saturday?

Manuela: "Saturday night?"

Gabriel: "Yeah."

Manuela: "I can't."

Gabriel: "What about next Saturday then?"

Manuela: "I don't think I can either."

Gabriel: "Wow, you're a busy lady" -he laughed- "So when can you?"

Manuela: "Maybe this Friday. But in the afternoon."

Gabriel: "that's good. Later on, just tell me where you'd want to go. Are you going to the party on Saturday?"

Manuela: "Who's party?"

Gabriel: "It's some guy's 18th birthday. Flavia said she would go."

Manuela: "Then, I guess I'll be there then."

Gabriel: "okay see you then." He hugged me then walked away.