Chapter 6

I was awkwardly stared down with Helen's eyes glued to my every move. I think that she was waiting for me to say something, but I froze.

"Helen, she was alone in the street and had no where to go. She left home. And I thought..." Flavia started but Helen continued for her.

"So you thought bringing an unknown stranger over here would be the greatest idea." Amanda made a face of satisfaction and did not make the slightest question to disguise the joy.

"It's just that I... I" Flavia stammered. "I thought that she's hot and has a beautiful body. She could bring in new customers." The phrase Flavia said gave me shivers down my spine. She was very much mistaken if they really believed that I was going to work there; being a prostitute.

Helen let out a laugh and secured my chin with her thumb and forefinger.
"You disappoint me with your reaction." She let my chin go and turned around to Flavia. "Flavia,You know very well that almost always I agree with you. Why would it change now? She is beautiful. She said this while quickly glancing back around at me. I hope there will be a line of men wanting for her. It also means more money for me."

"No, Hold on." I finally unlocked myself and took courage to say something. "I do not want that for me. I can not and will not do it. You are going crazy. I will not prostitute myself. No, no, and no."

Flavia glared at me and she spoke extremely loud. "Where're you going to go? Stay where. Live in that disgusting shed the rest of your life? Or go home to your parents and continue with these bruises throughout your body?" An urge to weep came over me. Home souvenirs and beatings from my father. It was horrible to remember it all. This will always be here. It's your only option, for now. "Manuela. I know it's not the best nor the most worthy, but it is what is left for you. Do you really think anyone will hire you in some place looking like that? Are you really going to stay lonely in the streets? No. You shouldn't. If you walk out that door now, I give you a month to get you to prostitution, or else a pimp handling you on the streets and forcing you to work for him. We here
we do not have a queen of life, but no one works slaves. We earn our money. It's not a fortune, but to live well, hey. I just wanted to help you, so I brought you over here. But the decision is all yours." Flavia finished her speech.

"But there's a catch in all this. If you walk out that door, do not ever come back." Helen said.

I was scared and everything beyond that. What Flavia had said worsened my fear. I did not know what to do. I did not want that for me, but I knew what was coming would be much worse if I did choose to not stay here. 

"Fine. I'll stay. I said.

"Yay, girl. Welcome to your new home." Jackeline smiled at me and winked.

"It's all right with me, but only if she goes through everything we went through. End of story" Luana said.

"You tire my beauty."

"I don't see her lasting for any more than two weeks" Amanda said.