Chapter 4

I kept looking for a job and always came back to the abandoned shack to sleep.

A few Days later; the only thing I had managed to find was a small shift at a bakery. At least it gave me a little bit of money. I can also sometimes shower in the small employee bathroom in the back of it. Life was difficult right now, but I was lucky to have at least food some food to eat. But going back home; it was no longer a possibility. I will never return to that hell. My hope is to find a guy on the street who has money, fall in love with him and move on from this horrible time in my life. But I have no idea what the future holds.

I found myself sitting on a sidewalk on a busy street. I was desolate and hungry. Starving actually. It passed days and nights since the owner of the bakery did not call me to do any shifts. I watched the movement of the cars. And shivered as the wind hit my arms. I sat there quiet and afraid of what would come forward.

From a distance, I could see a tall, with an extremely short dress and hugged on the body; a beautiful blonde. She wore a took a huge step and came towards me while running her finger through her hair.

She stopped in front of me, while standing on the road as I looked up to her. The cars passed very close to her.

"Why are you sitting there for?" She asked.

"Yea, that's what I'm trying to figure out." She let out a hysterical laugh. When she was done laughing at my very funny comment, she walked to the sidewalk and sat down beside me.

"What about that suitcase? Did you runaway from home?"

"How do you know? I could be waiting for a bus to travel." I turned to face her.

"Really? With that hair? And these clothes?" I held my hair and looked besides me to her. Damn it. She was right. It was ridiculous. And it was filthy. Even though I showered, I wore the same clothes for at least two days in a row and didn't have any shampoo to wash my hair.

"Why did you leave home?" She asked. Damn. I should just tell you my whole life story already.

"My dad is not quite the father of the year." I smiled sarcastically.

"I know how you feel." We were silent for a few seconds, until she broke the ice again. "And do you have a place to stay at?"

"If you consider an abandoned old shed a home. Yes, I have a place." She laughed and so did I. She had one of those contagious laughs that you die laughing over.

"Your sense of humor is great. I'm Flavia and I have a place for you to stay today and perhaps you can stay a few more days." She stood up and held out her hand to help me up. "Or years." She wiggled her eyebrows.

It was a strange proposal. Considering... We just met 5 minutes ago and now I'm probably going to go live with her. But, I was not in a position to refuse an offer like this.

Flavia started walking and I just walked by her side rolling my suitcase behind me.

I had no idea where we were going, or else which neighborhood we had passed. On our way to wherever she was taking me, we talked a little. I told her a bit about my family drama and why exactly I left.

We took a couple of buses and walked passed a few blocks of family homes until we stopped in front of a huge house.

"Here, we are. Welcome to your new place." She smiled We went in and there were three girls in the living room. One was lying on the couch and the others were watching television that was in an annoyingly loud volume.

Flavia shouted something and not much seconds later the volume was on mute.

"Well, who is this?" The girl lying on the sofa said. All at the same time, the girl looked at me. I was kind of dirty and with my hair detonated. The situation embarrassed me a bit.