Chapter 14

He laughed and took my hand in his. His hand was still really cold.

We stayed quiet for a while before starting our scene.

Guilherme: "Take out your phone." He whispered.
I picked up my phone, and pretended to reply to a text. Guilherme stood up furiously. He started yelling at me: "what the fuck, Manuela. Can you just stop going on your phone and listen to me? Are your friends that important that you have to reply to them while you're with me? I'm so sick of it."

I started yelling back; pretending to be shocked at him.

Manuela: "Stop it. Babe. You know this is all in your head. You come first, Always. They're just my friends and invited me to a party. I was only..."

Guilherme: "And you were quick to respond saying you're going, right?" He cut me off.

I tried hard not to laugh at our fake little scene. People on the train were looking at us weirdly

"I just want you t..." I didn't let him finish talking I got up and kissed him. Fuck! What was I doing? We kissed for a short time, but it felt long. Guilherme put his tongue in my mouth, our tongues danced in perfect movements. I felt his hands wrap around my waist and pull my body closer to him. I felt the heat radiating of his chest.

I ended the kiss with a quick peck and  spoke softly in his ear: "that was good."

Guilherme: "Was the kiss part of the scene?" He whispered back.

Manuela: "It wasn't... I just went along with the vibe. I felt your hands pull me in closer." I laughed softly. "It was cute."

By now, the train had already made a few stops and was heading back to our stop. Gui and I decided to get off since some other people took our places.

We got off at the station and headed back home.

I sat on my bed and thought to myself,  lost in my mind,  as to why I'd agreed to kiss him and then kiss him on my own initiative. I can't be doing this. I have no idea what Helen would do to me if she found out.

I heard Guilherme go in his room and close the door.

I couldn't sleep that night. Flávia and the other girls  arrived around 4  in the morning and I was still drowning in my thoughts.

I slept shortly after Flávia and the other girls settled down.

The next day, I woke up early. I heard Helen's voice call me "Manuela, are you awake?" She knocked on my door.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a few"

I took a quick shower, put on a sweatpants and a
t-shirt and went to go see what she wanted to talk to me about. 

Manuela: "Good morning, Helen. Did you want to talk to me?"

Helen: "yes I do. Let's go to your room. Flavia isn't here, right !?"

Manuela: No. When I woke up, she wasn't in bed anymore."

Helen: "Alright ... "

We went up to the bedroom, closed the door and she started to speak:  "I wanted to ask you something very indiscreet, but necessary ... Have you lost your virginity yet?"

Manuela: Yeah. I did... why?"

The question made me a little ashamed, but I didn't lie. I lost my virginity with an almost ex-boyfriend. Or he was my former friend with benefit. I don't really know what we were. I was 16 and it felt good, but that's something else to be said some other time.

Helen: "Damn, that's a pity ... "

Manuela: "Pity? ..."