Chapter 23

I followed him into his room. He had already entered and closed the door. I stopped in front of it and knocked.

Manuela: "Guilherme, it's me, open the door" -I got no response- "Please, Guilherme. I just want to talk." The silence was ongoing- "Gui?..." I barely finished and he opened the door.

Guilherme: "You won me over with 'Gui'. He smiled.

Manuela: "Can I come in?"

Guilherme: "I don't think its a good idea to let a stranger into my room", Guilherme joked.  Making a gesture with his hand, inviting me in. That's what I did. I stood and he sat on the bed.

Manuela: "Are you upset with what Bruna said?"

Guilherme: "yeah I am a little? I know my mom isn't really nice, but... she did  let you all stay here. I think you and the other girls should treat her better.  This is no luxurious life but you all have a roof over your heads and food to eat. I'm not defending my mom either but Bruna should've kept her big mouth shut right?"

I didn't interrupt Guilherme as he was talking. He did have a point.

I answered when he asked a rhetorical question .

Manuela: "Not that I disagree with what she said, but it didn't have to be said that way."

Guilherme: "what the hell?"

Manuela: "what? You want me to defend your mother?" 

Guilherme: "No, Manuela. I just... You know what, forget it. Why'd you even come up here?"

Manuela: "To talk to you. It looked like you were upset. I wanted to help you."

Guilherme: "Well. That was some help."

Manuela: "so much sarcasm"

Guilherme: "I learned from a stranger I ran into on the street.

Manuela: "I hear she's really hot."

Guilherme: "she steals kisses in the subway too." I blushed. 

Manuela: "um... Im going to go downstairs with the girls now." -I wanted to stray away  from the subject. I had to go anyways or  They'll start wondering what took me so long. 

Guilherme: "go on" he smirked as I exited.

I left the room, closed the door, and leaned against a wall. I closed my eyes and sighed. Why the hell did I have to like Guilherme so much? Why did I have to like being near him? Fuck. I stood there for a few minutes, leaning against the wall on the outside of Guilherme's room.

He doesn't like you, Manuela. And even if he did, you and him can't be together. He's not for you.
Who would want to go out with a prostitute?
Please Do not deceive yourself. I took a deep breath and finally got the strength to stop thinking about a life where Guilherme and I could be together.