George Weasley x reader

She stuck out her tongue to catch snow flakes, her y/h/c clung static to you h/c (house colour) beanie. Looking up at the unforgiving greyness the sky had become, Y/n Y/L/N decided today to be a poet. This is what each week Y/n did, her best friend whom she was in love with was fawning over the Veelas in the school and preparing to snag themselves dates with someone for the Yule ball. She over heard George saying he was going to ask Katie Bell. But then she heard him talking to his twin about one of the Veelas.
This had been going on for months, her other friends to preoccupied with the new arrivals instead of hanging out with her. So she distracted herself by small tasks. Last week she was a hardcore debating party with a group of Ravenclaws. The week before she was a herbology enthusiast. The week before that she was a fashion fanatic. The week before that she was a burrito. But the first week, before she made it into a game, she was invisible.

Y/n shivered, even the thick jackets, scarves and beanie could protect her from the cold. Her cheeks were flushed, her lips dry as she retreated to the tree beside the black lake. She could write poems here. Pulling out a small notepad and pen, she jotted down lines for ideas.

I will love you

Though my chest aches

Though my heart brakes

Though my limbs stiffen

Though your chest is strong

Though your heart beats for another

Though your limbs wrap around her shoulders

I will love you

Satisfied, Y/n read it allowed. She scrunched up her face, it was rather dramatic considering it was just a dance. A magical dance were people slow danced and courageously asked their desired other out - then it struck her. She didn't have a date to the Yule ball. She looked back into the grey sky glaring. "You little..." she trailed off, letting out a soft defeated sigh.

"And I said he wasn't right for the job which of course - Y/n." Fred stopped talking loudly to Lee to spot the girl at the base of the tree, snow coating her jacket and beanie lightly. "You silly silly girl." Fred pulled her into a standing position and quickly dusted the snow off, Lee smirking from behind.

"Bugger off mother hen." She smirked, her teeth chattering.

"What are you doing?" Fred snatched the notepad from her hands, which she shrugged at. Fred would never guess who the poem was actually about. "Deep." Fred snorted, flinging the book back at her.

"Whatever." She snorted, bending down stiffly to pick it up. That one line in the poem was coming true. Though my limbs stiffen.

"Guys!" George jogged over, wearing a simple jacket and beanie, his cheeks slightly pink. "Hey Y/n." He greeted, if it weren't so cold, and Y/n's face already flush, she would have blushed.

"Have you got a date to the Yule ball?" Fred asked Y/n, staring down at the girl who was wrapped in layers. Y/n hadn't spoken to any of them since breakfast, which she was mostly ignored at.

"Ugh." She groaned. "I only just realised I might need one of those." She grunted, scrunching up her nose.

"I'm sure if you read McLaggen some of your poetry he'd ask you." Lee teased, earning him a quick kick to the shin.

"What about you three huh?" She chidded.

"I'm going with Angelina." Fred shrugged, adjusting his Gryffindor scarf.

"Some chick from Beautxbaton." Lee grinned.

"I don't have a date, I'll take one for the team and go with Y/n." He winked at her.