Draco Malfoy request

quiet4courage this is for you!

Serenitys' POV

I tapped my foot nervously under the desk, Professor Slughorn tested our potions one by one. I was paired with Draco Malfoy, I fancied him and we had previously went on a date but he hadn't gotten back to me.
He also did nothing but stand beside me quietly, not making a sound as he stared at the brewing potion.

"Very good Mr Malfoy, I presume you were the one to think about adding Newts tail to the potion to make the simmering process quicker." Professor Slughorn praised Draco.
My knee hit the desk, causing me to quickly grab a few vials. "Miss Potter you seem a bit clumsy today."

"Uh." Was all I could reply with.

"Serenity was the one to put Newts tail in the potion, congratulate her." Draco said, his voice monotone.

"Why-." He was cut off as the class ended. "Good job." He patted me twice on the head.

I smoothed my hair out, glaring as the teacher walked back to praise more students. I packed away my stuff, giving Draco an odd look as he stared at me. "Are you alright?" I asked him sincerely.

"Yes." He replied, still staring at me, his face was pale and he was sweating slightly.

"Are you sure? You look a little sick-." I placed the back of my hand on his forehead. "You don't have a temperature."

"I'm not sick Serenity." He said, shooing me away.

"Don't shoo me." I snorted. "I was genuinely concerned, you look like crap-"

"Serenity hurry up." I heard my brother yell, Harry Potter, he had gotten over me being a Slytherin some time ago, but he didn't like me around Draco. I was thankful he hadn't found out about our date.
I opened my mouth to say something else to Draco, but I had nothing, I flicked my gaze back to my impatient brother who was glaring at Draco.

"You should get some rest." I mumbled before walking out the door and with Harry. "What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at my brother.

"Why were you talking to Malfoy? You know he's a deatheater!" Harry grabbed my arm roughly, causing us both to stop.

"He wouldn't have taken the mark out of spite, he's a nice boy doing whatever he can for his family." I shot back, removing his hold on me.

"I heard about your date with the ferret." Harry narrowed his eyes at me, clenching his jaw when my eyes widened in surprise.

"So?" I gulped.

"So-So your opinion is a little bias." Harry snorted. "I will- if you're defending him, you're no longer my sister." He turned and stormed off.

"Harry, please- don't do this." I begged, watching him walk off angrily. "Harry!" Tears welled in my eyes. What was he doing? I wiped angrily at my face, trying to stop the warm tears as they slid down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, for causing that." Draco said, appearing in front of me. I turned my head, wiping at my eyes furiously not wanting anyone to see me cry. "I'm sorry." He pulled me into a hug, letting me quietly cry onto his shoulder. "Did you mean what you said, when you defended me?" I nodded without reluctance. "Serenity... I am a Deatheater." He said, pushing me away gently before showing me his dark mark. "I-I didn't want it- but my mother-father- aunt- everyone-"

"I know." I said kissing his wrist. He furrowed his brows as I stared up at him with a tear stained face. "And I stand by what I said." I replied softly, pressing my lips gently to his.