Saturday Emergency

figured a change in POV would be good! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salman

Waking up to see sunshine reaching the far corner of the room is never a good sign, especially if you were supposed to be at an event at eight O’clock. Throwing my covers away, I grabbed my phone to check the time. Fuck, it was 11 am already. I was a dead man.

But, a text saved my life.

(Cassie) Today’s event rescheduled. Tomorrow at 9.30 am.

That was the reason I wasn’t woken up ruthlessly by one of the staff members. Sighing in relief, I grabbed the covers again and pulled them over my body. I looked at my baby sister who was sleeping peacefully. Tucking her hair behind her ears and off her face, I shifted in bed in a failed attempt to fall asleep again.

After a few minutes, I knew there was no going back to sleep. Trying my best to not wake Pixie up, I went to the coffee table and picked up a script I was told to go through. Movies, movies and movies. I’d never get bored of them.

By instinct, I pulled out a cigarette and lit it. I knew it was a horrible habit, but it was addictive. Though I was a lot lower now, I had to cut down completely.

I had gone through a few pages, when I heard a loud click. Looking up, I saw Liz wide awake in my baggy shirt sans paint, and her hair messy. She was grinning at her phone, and looked at me,

“This is so going on Twitter.” I raised a brow and motioned for her to show me the snap she had taken.

But even before she could completely make it, her breath got shorter and she swayed down to the floor. Getting to her side in a split second, I helped her up. She was literally gasping for breath, like someone was choking her. My trained self kicked in and I picked her up and got out of the room, yelling for the guys to come out.

“ Guys out now! Sean, call for an ambulance.” I yelled and skipped the stairs down, looking at Lizzie who was struggling with breathing. Please, let her be safe. What should I do now?

“What the…”Malaika ran up to us, luckily with some juice in her hand.

“Give that.” I grabbed the can and literally pushed it into Lee’s lips.

“Drink, please.” I tried to stay as calm as I could. She coughed it at first, but then she took a few sips and it got better. Her eyes were still closed, but her breathing got even. But, it was important for a doctor to see her still. Sean got the point and called our family doctor.

By now, I, Malaika and all our staff were in the living room, circled the couch I had placed Lizzie on. Sighing in relief, they all left. I sat down at her legs rubbing her palm, giving her time to open her eyes.

“It’s ok now.” I soothed her, and she opened her eyes ever so slowly.

“I don’t know why…” she tried to speak and looked at me terrified.

“We’ll find out.” I assured her, when Malaika’s eyes widened.

“Salman, why do I smell smoke?”

Fuck. It all made sense now. Nothing of this would have happened if I hadn’t smoked. The door was closed, the concentrated smoke must have entered her system and set out a reaction. Damn it!

“Fuck.” I mumbled, but before I could say anything, Ruth came in with the doctor.

He checked her, and prescribed some tests that couldn’t be done till next week due to some protest of labs and shit like that. He thought it wasn’t serious, but precaution was always better. He figured that she just had low tolerance to pollution.

“I’m so sorry.” I said, while we three were at the table having brunch. There were croissants and noodle soup, something Liz loved.

“It’s ok.” She replied, still pretty shaken up about the incident.

“I promise to give up ASAP.” She smiled at me. I knew it was a hideous habit, even drinking was. But I got dependant on it during the bad times in my life, not once or twice, but thrice. Everytime, it got harder to fight it off. But I had to.

“By the way, I meant what I said.” She winked at me and grabbed her phone. What did she mean?

I knew within a minute.

*twitter*

BeingAlisha: Sorry, been kinda busy these days! Had a great time at the #BeingHuman Fashion Show @Anrgy_Blonde rocked it!

BeingAlisha: Also, thanks to @ItsBebo, @BipashaBasu, @Vogue, @Elle, @HalleBerry @VictoriaBeckham @SelenaGomez and @KateMoss … and so many more! #BestShowEver !

Angry_Blonde: @ BeingAlisha I know! Loved the night :D #BeingHuman… oh, and u forgot @Sara_T :P

BeingAlisha: @Angry_Blonde oh crap! How could I?! sry, @Sara_T :D

BeingAlisha: Oh, and my bro @BeingSalmanKhan is working hard! After a late night, I woke up to find him…. (twitpic)

BeingSalmanKhan: @ BeingAlisha yeah yeah, I woke up a lil b4 u...n let’s start now…don’t smoke guys…the tray n stuff, gonna throw it away!

BeingAlisha: @BeingSalmanKhan Awww… #ProudSister

ArbaazKhan: I’m standing right behind @BeingSalmanKhan and @ BeingAlisha, both of them on twitter…what am I gonna do with them?!

I turned around to see my younger brother standing there with a stupid smirk, and Lee went and hugged him tight. He joined us at the table, and we spent hours talking about random stuff, with doing some work. It was great to have a few hours off work. Even though I nearly had a heart attack.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....almost thought she was gonna land up in the hospital!! :P

COMMENT, VOTE and FAN please! Thanks! :D