Serious Talks

ALISHA’S POV

I had started to wonder why we even bothered to get a room for everyone. Atleast one used to be empty most of the times. This time, it was me lying in Salman’s bed. He was in the kitchen making one of the best choco lattes. It was pampering time, and he was in the cooking mood today.

“Here you go.” He said entering the room with two glasses looking tempting. Just the sight of it made me smile slyly in satisfaction.

“Paradise.” I took the glasses, as he lifted the covers to snuggle in with me. Soft music, dim light, chocolate and the brother you were yearning to talk to. What else could I need? Pure bliss.

“Ah, I missed this.” He said, as I took a sip or bite, whatever you call it.

“Why vanilla?” I whined. I wanted chocolate ice cream, not vanilla! Chocolate is the best.

“Apparently, you went through the entire pack.” He shrugged and I pouted. It wasn’t fair. Yea, so what if I ate the entire pack last night when I was utterly broken and the tears won’t stop spilling. It was my freaking right!

“So sis, missed me?” he wiggled his brows at me. Even with the humor he tried to add in it, I could easily sense the seriousness reflecting of his face.

“Like crazy. You have no idea how much…wait a sec! How did you even freaking find out?” I asked. So many hours, and I didn’t even bother to ask how. There was no way he could have. Unless he had some serious mind-reading powers. I strongly suspect he does, by the way.

“Hardly matters.” He replied, taking a sip of his choco latte. Oh no, mister. He wasn’t getting away with this one. He had to tell.

“It does! Nobody knew- I made sure nobody knew. Every day, I fought the urge to beg for help, but the only thing I could tell was my diary. Nobody else…Shit! You read my bloody diary?!”

It was safe to say that I was beyond appalled. Nobody got to read it. First Kevin, and then him? What the hell was wrong with everyone? I write everything in that. From the silliest to the most serious of stuff! What all did he read exactly?

“I had to. I stumbled across the videos, and then the song…” he admitted looking guilty. He knew exactly how it felt when someone invaded the personal space. Hell, it happened with him ever damn day. He lived in the spotlight twenty-four-seven. Often he lost his patience too. How could he not know how it feels when someone crosses the damn lines drawn?

The truth was I couldn’t even stay mad at him for long coz of this. Under normal situation I would have made sure he repaid. But tonight, somewhere inside the deepest corners of my mind, I was thankful he read it. Because I had no idea what I would have done without him, without my family. Looking back, into the near past, I felt so stupid. Why in the world did I even think that I’d be able to live without them? To be fair, I was blinded by the fear alone.

“Would you…how would you have carried on if y-you didn’t find out? Ever?” I asked him, looking away. I secretly hoped that he would be able to. Just in case something were to happen to me. Something inevitable. It had been troubling me since dinner, when I saw Nick struggling with his Betes. Anything could happen to me, anytime. I could get a disease, get hit by a car, get injured at gym. Hell, people were ready to kill me! Death didn’t scare me as much as its consequences did.

“I honestly don’t know.” he confessed after a long pause. We sat there for a long time, probably both trying to imagine a life without each other. Without our family. It was impossible, to say the least.  He played with my hair, twisting my locks with his fingers. I didn’t allow anyone but him to do that to my hair. Somehow he doing that soothed me, and according to him, him too. He lifted my chin, our brown eyes now making direct contact.