Press Conference

ALISHA

Since I was in no mood to play dress up, I opted for a statement making dress I bought in Paris, and skipped trying to get accessories together. Grabbing the first diamond earrings I could find, and some not-so-rare pumps, I skipped the stairs to grab some brunch. The press conference was in Grand Hyatt, so Malaika made sure I didn’t put jeans on. Protocol shit.

Nobody had spoken much about the beach drama. I figured the guys must have contacted their PR team about it. I didn’t know, because I was busy taking a long shower and getting stuff out of my head.

It wasn’t new to me, it happened many times. People going crazy, haters mixed with fans. As much as I knew not to pay any heed, it did shake me sometimes. After some time, I came back to normal. Just like now. I was back to the chipper girl I was while surfing. Apparently Salman wasn’t.

“Cassie, they crossed their limits!” I heard him say, while sitting at the table with Cassie- his manager- Malaika and Arbaaz.

“I don’t doubt that. But you know how important it is to keep calm in such situation. Not only did the tabloids dig the moments, but a riot was almost sparked off.”

“I know. I regret putting the people in potential danger. But I had to get back at him. Do you even know what he said? Wait, they must have edited his question in the video online.”

“They did.” Cassie said, and I quietly took my seat on the table as the cook got me some fruits and breads. Pouring some juice for myself, I stared at random object trying to escape the conversation.

“Hey. You ok?” Salman asked, taking my hand.

“Yeah, I’m good.” I smiled at him genuinely. He smiled back and we returned to eating. They said the video was online already. That meant all the pictures were too. Arbaaz was checking out various websites with Cassie, commenting on each.

“Can I?” I asked.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Malaika said, afraid I might not handle it well. How could I blame her? I had many a times cried and whined at their reports.

“Let her, guys. It’s about her, too.” Salman said. I was glad that he had confidence in me.

“But Salman, after all that happened, I don’t think we should drag her into it.” Arbaaz contradicted, trying to protect me. I wasn’t mad at him cause of saying that, because I would have wished the same if I were in his position maybe.

“We didn’t drag her. The media did already. And I think she has the right to know what is being written about her.”

Arbaaz sighed, defeated, and opened a website.

Surfing Saturday

As we reported earlier, the Bolly-Holly royalty has returned to Mumbai after Lee’s win against China. While we loved the supergirl twists, we think their life is much more complicated than her routines.

After looking normal in Paris, and spending over $200000, they landed in Mumbai. Ignoring the media, they quickly made their way into their car and home. The brothers’ lil sis did make an appearance at a coffee shop, with a guy friend. Aryan, son of superstar SRK, was seen chatting with her.

What the hell? Aren’t their guardians in a war? Teenage rebel, we smell. Or is it the ‘love is blind’ thing? We don’t know yet. But if it is the latter, we feel sorry for Nick Jonas.

That was a brief up. Just a few hours ago, the youngest two siblings went jogging, soon to be joined by their eldest brother, Salman. They surfed, none of them wearing wet suits. While the brothers surfed well, the sister was seen falling off a lot. A learner still, huh? How can we blame her again, it’s just not in the genes.