My lucky day- Not

En başından başla

“You are late.” Stated a junior teacher and flicked her wrist infront of me, palm up. I half smiled and got my diary out. The school diary was supposed to be a record of our grades, misbehaviors, achievements…well you get the gist. The teacher ticked a small ‘late’ box, which I was supposed to show to my guardian and get signed. Yeah right, my legal guardian was away in Russia.

I settled into the chemistry class, and started taking notes on the ongoing topic- acids and bases. Everything was going absolutely smooth, before my phone went off.

“Shit.” I rejected the call. But it was too late, the teacher had already heard the ‘Don’t forget’ ringtone.

“Your phone, please?” she snatched it, and raised her brows at it.

“Why in the world does this thing have fake diamonds around it?” she asked. Did I mention I had managed to hide the fact that I had a new phone from the class? Yeah, I got many, many glares.

“They’re not fake.” Sasha blurted out, and I threw her a “I’ll-deal-with-you-later’ glare. She looked away, pretending not to care. That idiot.

“Ok, that is something. Now, switch off the precious thing.” The teacher dropped it at that. I liked her for being fair with us, never biased towards anyone in the class. The fact that she did not make a big deal out of the diamonds was proof, but the damage was done. I was getting a bunch of looks now. The jealous bitch glare, the ‘I’m gonna get a better phone’ glare, the ‘eww I hate you’ glare, and also the ‘why didn’t you tell me?’ glare. Oh come on! This day had to be the worst.

“And why didn’t you tell us?” asked Veer as we were chatting in our classroom since out next teacher was a tad bit late.

“Because it hardly mattered.” I shrugged. Did I even have a choice? If I did tell them, they’d assume I was bragging. Now that I didn’t they had a problem too. Awesome.

“Well yeah, new I phones matter. I phones with diamonds matter the most.” Another girl, Jaz, pointed out. She was a bright student, and highly ambitious. But she had another side to her, too. A bully, couldn’t handle setbacks, and hated the fact that she belonged to a middle class family.

“Ok, I forgot to mention. Sorry.” I gave up.

I always hated maths, but I was thankful that our professor chose the exact moment to call our attention and distribute the surprise test papers. I was gonna fail in this one, I was confident about that.

“Seriously, what was with the tenth grade problems?” Sasha asked as we settled into our seats in the café.  I grabbed a newspaper our school had subscribed to so we could stay ‘socially aware.’ Yeah right. Most primary grade kids around here used it to make paper planes.

“No shit.” I was reading about the analysis on recession-yes I was a geek- when I saw my pic on the right.

Fallen Fashionista

The LFW is place for the craziest things to happen. This year’s fashion week was kick started with a controversy of Mina Kumari steeling designs from the leading traditional wear designer Manish Malhotra.

Then was the abrupt exit of Karishma Kapoor during the Chanel show. Oh, the designs weren’t worth missing, btw.

But under the fire was the ‘khan’daan. First were the pregnancy rumors about Malaika, which she ticked off as rumors. ‘I wouldn’t be standing in six inch heels if I were prego.’ She retorted. Heels, yep that’s what led to the next accident. Malaika’s sister in law, and the only sister the hunky brothers have, was walking with quite hurry when…Bam! She slipped down the stairs, hurting herself quite badly. Obviously in pain, she tried hard to hide the embarrassment she was facing. Ofcourse, her brother and sister in law came to her rescue soon.

The poor thing is a magnet for controversy, isn’t she? Well, all we hope is that her brother Salman doesn’t do beat up Prada people for making such high heels, and the Grand Hyatt staff for keeping the marble clean and in turn slippery.  

But on the brighter side, atleast she didn’t fall on a guy…Oh geez, don’t even want to imagine about her brothers’ reaction. We’ll keep you posted throughout the LFW. For more pictures, log on to…(add link)

“Just stab me and cut me into hundred pieces now, will you?” I banged my head against the table while Sasha giggled her head off. Why in the world did I even call her my friend?

“I’m glad I wasn’t mentioned in the story. And thanks to you, I had the perfect excuse for being late. I love you.”

“I hate you too.” I replied back.

“It’ll be finnneee!” she exaggerated, and offered me some snacks. Picking up one piece of sandwich, I replayed today’s events in my head again.

“Doubt that. Today is going horribly.”

The bell went off and signaled us to rush back to our classes.

“Homework on the desk.” Our ICT teacher called out while opening her tiny notebook where she held all the record. She was one hell of a perfectionist.

I rummaged through my bag, not once but twice. But, I did not get my assignment sheet. Excellent. I just had to forget to put it into the bag in the morning. I suddenly remembered that all my sheets must be still lying on the dining table. Dammit!

“Why do I think you are in trouble, young lady?” said the teacher in her Tamil accent.

“I’m sorry I forgot my assignment in…”

“The fashion week?” she narrowed her eyes at me and I mentally cursed myself for choosing yesterday for my historical trip down the stairs. I nodded and agreed with the witch teacher as she lectured me along with the entire class about teenagers getting out of hands, forgetting the importance of education, ruining the future of the world. Oh God, just cut it now!

Maybe, just maybe my prayers were answered. Ok, I’m not even a believer but an agnostic, but if stuff like this happens, I’ll be forced to believe in some supreme being.

“Mike, just get me to the office.” I slammed the car door besides me and turned the music up. A black eyed peas track named ‘Meet me half way’. I loved the group, especially Will.I.Am. He had the talent, the voice, everything, but he was one of the most humble and down to earth people in the music industry I had ever met.

The first thing I did after getting into Salman’s cabin was change out of the uniform and into a floral skirt, tank top and a scarf. With cute ankle boots ofcourse. Salman wasn’t in the country, and the guys were not in the office today too. So basically, I was in charge of all the pending work of the Being Human fashion show tomorrow.

Long, Long day today…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does your day in school go this horrible too? Mine did once...I wanted to yell and haul something at each of my classmate...

please tell me what you think! COMMENT, FAN and VOTE if you like! And please, if you think it's worth it, share the story! I'll dedicate my next chapter to you, if you promote my book! Make sure you tell me though! :)