#83

It was almost one in the morning and he and Lily were working on their Head duties. They were in dire need to take a break and inspiration sparked James. "I'm hungry."

"What's new?"

"Follow me." 

Sirius still had his invisibility cloak so they were left on their own. James walked at a quick pace leaving Lily to trail behind. One of his strides was at least three of hers and she was practically running to keep up. 

They reached the kitchens in record time and slipped in before anyone saw them. The house elves were all gone except a few whom were roaming around cleaning. 

"Mister Potter and Miss Evans!" Twinky said running up to them. "What can Twinky serve you?"

"Nothing," James answered. "Is it okay if we make our own food today?"

"No, no. Twinky must serve."

"I promise I'll leave a mess for you to clean." The house elf smiled and scurried off. "They're almost as stubborn as you, Lily."

"Ha ha. So what're we making?"

"I dunno. I can't cook."

Lily opened the fridge and her eyes lit up. "I have an idea." She ran over to the cabinets and grabbed a large bowl and two spoons. "It's called the 'Better Than Sex Sundae'." 

"Better than what?" James said nearly choking on his spit. 

"Marlene and I made it when we were eleven and since then it's tradition we start the school year off sitting here eating it. Just you wait. I swear it's better than anything you've ever eaten. Also I hope you have a good dentist."

Lily ran to the freezer and pulled out every type of ice cream then in the fridge pulled out all the dessert condiments and in the cabinet grabbed every color sprinkle, all types of candy, and peanuts.

She took a scoop of every ice cream, chopped up bananas and strawberries and layered the edge of the bowl. Next she added three mountains of whipped cream and drizzled hot fudge and Carmel followed by a coating of chopped peanuts. After that she threw on chocolate chips, gummy worms, brownie bits, and crumbled cookies followed by an assortment of colorful sprinkles. And lastly, she topped it off with 3 cherries and presented it in front of James. 

"Holy Merlin," he said picking up his spoon. "If only Sirius was here."

"Well I'm really feeling my sweet tooth tonight. And Marlene named it, by the way."

"Figures. But you know, nothing is better than sex with me."

"Mhm okay."

"Wanna find out?"

He dodged a cherry thrown in his direction, "You can't tell me the name of the sundae and not expect me to make a joke!"