#61

"Care for a ride?" James pulled up a small rowboat to the beech tree where Lily sat. "Free of charge."

Lily reluctantly got in and carefully maneuvered her way on. It was wobbly but when they started rowing off into the lake it evened out. "Where'd you get it?" she asked.

"Eh, a little wood and a little magic."

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Lily stared off into the distance.

"Yeah. Gorgeous." But James wasn't looking where she was.

They continued rowing around until Lily spotted something odd. A small red fish swam alongside them. "He's following us! He's so cute."

"Maybe it's a she."

"Shut up, Potter."

"Hey, I'm only defending the poor mate."

They kept going, closer to shore when there was a thunderous bark. Lily whipped around to see a large black dog standing proud. Then it ran into the water and swam over to them. "Hi Snuffles!"

James rolled his eyes and set down the oars. Sirius loved to steal the spotlight. The black dog started climbing onto the boat ending in it capsizing. Lily screamed and stood up in the water, but she wasn't angry. She was laughing as Sirius pranced around the water.

"Little bugger..." James muttered.

The dog stared barking and jumping around Lily. "I wonder what he's saying."

"I think he's asking if you'll go out with me."

Lily pet the dogs head and shook her head, then Sirius barked. "That's 'no' in dog."