#53

James jumped onto the couch beside Lily with a childish grin on his face. He rest his head on her lap and looked up at her with his puppy eyes. "Lily, you know that tradition of kissing someone at midnight? Maybe we should make it a tradition everyday, not just on New Years."

Lily set down her Witch Weekly magazine and stared at him. "I don't think so, Potter."

"Fine, fine. No kiss, I suppose I could settle for just a simple dinner date. Glad we settled that!" James began to sit up but Lily smacked his head with her magazine. "AGH dammit! Okay no dinner, just the date." She smacked him again but on the back. "I see how it is Lily." He quickly stood up, out of her reach, and chuckled to himself. 

"What is so amusing?"

"Nothing..."

"Potter!"

"Sure love, I'll tell you on our way to dinner." James dodged the magazine headed towards his head. He picked it up off the floor and dusted it off. "Hmm...I've been meaning to get the latest issue." He flipped through it and ran up the nearest flight of stairs as Lily charged at him.

Unfortunately for him, the closest exit was leading to the girls dorms. Lily patiently waited at the bottom for James to realize how dumb he was. There was a scream and James came tumbling down the slide right at her feet tackling her down with him.

"You know Lily if you wanted to cuddle you could've just asked."