#30

"Potter, I'll see you Friday night. You too Miss Evans." McGonagall walked away back to her desk while the entire class stared at the pair.

Lily glared at James, "This is your fault!"

"Hey, it's not my fault you find me irresistible!" He flexed his arms behind his head and propped his feet on the desk.

"I find your resistible, you just won't leave me alone!"

"Hey, I'm not the one turned around talking to someone when we should be taking notes."

Lily rolled her eyes and turned back around. She slumped in her seat and crossed her arms, refusing to turn back around for the rest of class.

LJLJLJLJLJLJLJLJLJ

"Nice to see you actually on time, Mr. Potter," McGonagall said. "I need the ceiling swept and the floors mopped and waxed. And the windows, if you would. And it's not a suggestion. I'll be back to check within the hour." She grabbed her things and walked briskly out of the classroom.

"Sweep the ceiling?" Lily mumbled, staring up to the high arcs.

"Yeah, it's a real neck killer, but Sirius and I did it last month, it shouldn't be too bad."

"Well I can start the floors if you do that."

"You know, the whole divide and conquer thing doesn't really work. Sirius and I usually work together, team work makes the dream work."

Lily refrained from rolling her eyes and grabbed the bucket on one of the desks and tossed his the dusters. "Just start working." James sighed and leaned against one of the desks. Lily went to grab the mop but James's foot lay on top. "Would you please move?"

"I am," He raised his arm and let it drop chuckling slightly. 

"I meant your foot." He lifted his other foot in the air. "POTTER!" 

"Feisty. Fine," he lifted his foot every so slightly, "you mop and I'll wax, the dusters will do the ceiling and then we only need to do half of the windows. She never checks, and Sirius cleaned them last week anyways."

After nearly an hour, with no sign of McGonagall yet, they had finished their work.

"We make a good team Evans," James said, setting down his rag. "We should see each other more often, say over dinner?"

"I see you every day, and not by choice. Nice try."