#32

"You really think it'll work?" James asked.

Remus slammed his book shut and quickly left the room, forbidding to take part in anything that began with that question.

Sirius shrugged, "Wonder what's up with him. And yes, I do think it will work."

"Isn't it a bit dangerous though?"

"Not in the slightest Prongs." Siriurs slung an arm over his shoulder and walked him down the stairs. "It is a bit ridiculous."

"Picture this, Lily is walking and all the sudden, a swarm of angry pixies chases after her and who's there to save her? Me! I come in, cast some spells and shit, and then bam! I'm her hero. Just make sure the pixies won't hurt her."

"Will do." Sirius ran off towards his designated spot. 

James continued on his normal route and found Lily exactly where he wanted her to be. "Lily bug!" He jogged to join her side. "Funny seeing you here."

"We see each other everyday, unfortunately."

"Join me, will you?" He grabbed her hand and led her on the long journey awaiting. They walked through the wooden bridge and strolled along the grounds. "Lovely day, eh?"

Lily rolled her eyes, "I suppose. I have plans tonight you know."

"Oh really?" Lily nodded. "Like what? Locking lips with any slimy Slytherins? Or a particularly geeky Ravenclaw named Bennett?"

Lily scrunched up her nose, "Gross. I happen to have plans with Mary tonight."

"Perfect, I love girls night. What're we doing?"

Lily snorted, "Funny. I didn't know Mary and I turned into we."

"Hey threesomes are always on the table."

Lily punched his arm, "Shut up Potter."

James pretended to look around, secretly hoping to spot Sirius and his gang of blue creatures. And then it happened, a loud buzz of high pitched excitement grew louder by the second until they were in sight. However, they completely flew past James and Lily and straight into the Forbidden Forest.

"Well fuck..." Sirius mumbled from his post on his broom. He tossed the empty cage into the clear hilly grounds and flew off, seeing no reason to stay.

"Er - that was weird," James said running a hand through his hair.

"Not at all planned. I wonder if they were going to come and attack me just so you could save me."

James smiled and looked away. "What a crazy idea."

"Mhm."

"You wanna hear another one?" Lily didn't answer, though she knew where it was headed. "We should go out."

"Yeah, that is crazy! You know, maybe you should go to Madame Pomfrey I think your head isn't screwed on tight enough."

"You have no idea how many times people tell me that, Evans." He smiled at her, and watched as her vibrant red hair bounced and her emerald eyes brightened.

"Maybe you'll end up like Edison."

"Who?"

"Oh nothing."

LJLJLJLJLJLJ

"I have not failed, I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work" -Edison (after he succeeded)