#46

There was a pop from outside and Lily sat up abruptly. It was Christmas break and she was relieved of any thoughts of homework or finals. (She always finished her homework the day of). The TV was showing Love Actually but she turned it off and rubbed her head. The noise had just woken up from her midday nap when the doorbell rang.

"David!" Mrs. Evans called. "I'm cooking dinner but the guests are here!"

The mysterious guests were finally here. Her mum never told her who they were, just saying they were new friends they'd met over the months while she was at school and they were bringing their son along.

"David," Mr. Evans greeted.

"Euphemia," the woman said shaking his hand, "and this is my husband Fleamont." They exchanged their greetings and Mrs. Evans joined in the mix. And not too far behind was their son. He was tall, just as tall as his father with unruly black hair and thinly rimmed glasses. "This is James, our son."

"Nice to meet you," Mrs. Evans said shaking his hand.

"And I, you."

"Come in, dinners being served. James do you want a drink?"

"No I'm good, thanks. Where's the bathroom?"

"There's one right up the stairs to the right."

James took off up the stairs and wandered around the halls. He didn't really need to use the restroom, but his mother talked an awful lot and he didn't want to listen to her babble on and on about how the molding around the dining room was elegant and professional. He was used to going to lots of family events but never in this neck of the woods. He stared at the pictures line up on the walls a few of older people he assumed to be relatives and then a girl with long brown hair who looked like she was being tortured and beside her a girl with flaming red hair and bright green eyes. He took a double take and stared closer at the picture. His parents didn't inform him where they were going but he had a very good idea about now.

Shaking it off, he continued until he passed a room with the door wide open. He peered in seeing the redhead at her desk on some sort of glowing device the size of a pillow. 

"Hello, sorry I've just been so busy working on this thing..." the girl said without turning around. "You must be the mysterious guests son." Before James could open his mouth to respond Lily gasped. "James Potter..." She stopped typing and swore internally. She knew that boy all too well. Maybe a bit too well. "I never thought James Potter would step foot in my bedroom." She turned around to see James standing admiring her large book collection. "And reading?"

"You've got some good classics."

"I didn't peg our families to be friends."

"Neither did I."

"So do you always wander into girls rooms?"

"I try not to make a habit of it." He walked over to her bay window and looked at the large tree outside. "Do these open?"

"Yeah, that little handle spins and opens them."

"You up for an adventure?"

"Potter if you plan on shimmying down that tree and leaving you're crazy."

"Well then call me crazy." He began twisting the handle and slowly opening the middle window.

"Are you serious?"

"No, I'm James Potter. Come on Evans, let's go out."

Lily looked out at the hall listening to her parents laughing with the Potters. "No! I'd have to tell my parents and -"

"Then we'll tell them. If you really want we can use the front door. But it's not as fun."

"Potter I'm serious. AND I know it's not my name so don't even try that pun again."

"Alright Lily, we can just hangout here." He sat on her bed and patted the spot beside him and winked.

"You're impossible."

"It's my middle name. James Impossible Potter. So no second date?"

"No. We didn't even have a first! Bloody hell. We're not even dating!"

"I can change that."

"One more witty mark and I'll throw you out that window."

LJLJLJLJLJLJLJ

Okay because I'm 100% Team Jess and still obsessing over the revival (all you Gilmore Girl fans) this is a little bit like their first encounter if yall remember.

101 Ways to Ask Lily Evans Outजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें