#64

"GRYFFINDOR WINS THE QUIDDITCH CUP!" Remus shouted over into the microphone. 

The stands erupted in cheers and students came running out onto the field. In rage, the Slytherin beater Theodore Nott swung his bat at the flying bludger and aimed it straight at James Potter's head.

"PRONGS!" Sirius shouted. He was on the ground watching James fly to the ground after a victory lap around the field unsuspecting of the meteor like ball heading for his head.

The crowd gasped as he fell straight in the sand of the keepers goals.

LJLJLJLJLJLJ

"Prongs, you awake?" Sirius whispered as James stirred in his sleep.

James could hear him, but was too weak to move. His head felt like a million people were trying to take his brain out of his head by shaking it and twisting it. He opened his eyes and the light burned his eyes causing him to shut them immediately.

"Oh Merlin, I thought you died!"

He looked over at Sirius and stared at him long, not seeming to recognize him.

"Potter's going to have a bit of amnesia Mr. Black. I suspect it'll take a little to jog his memory," Madame Pomfrey said.

"I'm Sirius," Sirius said.

"I'm Kidding," James joked. He started to laugh but it hurt too much.

"Call me Padfoot."

"Padfoot...okay."

"That's Remus." Sirius pointed to Remus who sat across from him, "and Peter."

"Padfoot, Remus, and Peter..." James repeated. "Are we friends?"

"We're best mates."

James looked at all three of them and smiled, "Cool."

"Madame Pomfrey said you lost your memory, so we're going to try and tell you as much as we can," Remus said.

The doors of the Hospital Wing opened and Lily walked through. "How is he?" she asked.

"Alive," Sirius answered.

Lily rolled her eyes but noticed he was awake. "What's wrong with him?" James was looking at everything around him and played with Sirius's hair.

"He's got amnesia," Remus said.

She sat on the edge of his bed and smiled, "My name is Lily Evans."

"Lily...that's a pretty name."

"Thank you."

"Are you my girlfriend?"

The Marauders burst into laughter.

"No, we're just friends."

"Well do you want to go out?"

"No James, we're just friends."

James frowned and turned to Sirius, "Does this happen a lot?"

"More than you think," Sirius responded.