Youth Of The Night (Prologue)

Youth of the Night

Prologue

"Allison Nicole Baynes, get your furry butt in gear, the twins are waiting for you to drive to school. I don't want them late for their first day in high school." Kalee yelled up the stairs.

"Fine, I'm coming!" Ali bound down the stairs jumping most of the way, her long curly brown hair bouncing with every step she made. She picked up her messenger bag slinging over her head resting it across her chest, turning to head to the door she spotted her brother and sister standing by the door waiting impatient for her arrival. "So ya'll ready for your first day?"

Ashling Baynes had a look of sheer terror on her face, she had confided in Ali the night before that she was worried no one would like her and she'd have no friends. Ali being a protective big sister promised that she would watch over her, that if all else failed she always had her and Doyle, her twin brother. Doyle, unlike Ashling, was smiling, he was ready to go to high school. He knew that he was getting closer and closer to getting the chance to shift for the first time, not to mention that he couldn't wait to check out all the hot older girls.

"Not really, but I guess we have not choice now do we?" Ashling's green eyes shone with worry.

"Oh calm down Ash, you'll do fine. I'm sure the boys will be tripping over themselves to get a look at you." Doyle shook his head to move his shaggy brown hair out of his blue eyes.

"Wait, I want to get a picture of you three before you leave." Kalee rushed into the room followed by Connor, who was wearing one of normal bright smile. "Doyle get in the middle, girls get on each side of your brother. Good, just like that." Kalee began snapping pictures with the small digital camera.

"Okay, mom, like you said we don't want to be late." Ali waved good bye and moved quickly out the front door to her car, a 1969 Dodge Charger, it was hunter green with black racing stripes. She had begged her father for over a year for that car, so when her 16th birthday rolled around she was shocked to see it sitting outside.

Soon everyone was loaded up and Ali was zooming down the road, she loved to go as fast as she could in that car, it was a freeing as when she shifted every month. Ali's favorite part of shift was being able to run full force feeling every muscle in her body work to it's fullest extent. When she turned 13 and first got her monthly visitor, as Kalee put it gingerly, she shifted with the following full moon. Her mother and Uncle Jake stood by to be there for support, her father wasn't able to be there because he had responsibilities with the pack. Now every month she wait beside her brother and sister waiting to see if they shift along with her but they haven't yet, so they stay behind with their Aunt Madison, hoping the next month will bring the change. Most full moons Ali spends the night running through the woods with her two cousins, Ana and Kalia, they were two years older than her, but now they were in college so this month she'd be running alone unless the twins shifted.

Within ten minutes, Ali pulled up in the parking lot of school, heads always turning to the rumbling of her car, she loved the way her car purred loudly. "Alright, Ash, Doyle, I'll walk you to the gym that's where they will be handing out schedules and maps. I'll catch up with you at lunch, okay?" Poor Ashling's face was pale, she looked like she was about to be sick, but as always, Doyle was the exact opposite, he was as giddy as a child at Christmas, his eyes darting around at all the female bodies walking past. "Doyle, behave yourself, will ya!"

"Oh... Opps, sorry Ali. Yeah I'll tame my inner beast." He joked, Ali just rolled her eyes knowing he was going to be a heart breaker.

She lead the twins to the gym, where Doyle wrapped his arm protectively around Ashling's shoulder, "Come on, sis. They don't bite." Ali waited until they sat down on the bleacher's, then she ran off to find her locker and friends.

___________________________________________________________

Alrighty! There's the prologue to the sequel, I hope you like it! I did get a bit of a nap in so I felt the urge to type so here you go!!!!!!!!!! I'm still trying to decide on what kinda issues that will arise during the story, if anyone has some ideas please share. Don't forget to VOTE VOTE VOTE and COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!!!!! I hope to get working on Chapter 1 soon, but I want to hear some review about the prologue before I post it, I'm not putting a number but just give me something to go on!!!! Thanks again and don't forget to click that vote box!!!!

<3<3<3<3<3<3 Bunches and Bunches

Stacy