Chapter 1. Edited.

I'm going to miss school so much, all of my friends and the people I met there; even my teachers because there is where you grow up as a person physically and mentally. But at the same time, I'm so happy, finally I can study what I want to study and the career I know will make me glad to start on my adulthood. I wanna be a journalist, and I've always fancy studying journalism so I know I will succeed. You know what people say, if you like it then you're good at it.

I applied just in one of all of journalism schools in London because I really feel like I will get in, although right now I am feeling a bit odd and scared about it, I haven't been called yet and in just a couple of days all colleges are starting classes.

I was sitting on my bed basically doing nothing when my phone rang. It was an unknown number.

I answered the call.

"Hello, is this Linda Williams? I'm calling from London School of Journalism," a man said.

"Yup. That's me," I happily replied.

There was when everything began for me, I met new people, I loved my career and everything was the way I wanted it to be and just how I had dreamt it.

In just three months I've acknowledge that I made the best decision I could have ever made, I am truly so happy to be in here. My role model is Mr. Flores, he is one of those few people that make you see the world in such a different and truthful way.

"If you happened to apply to this school and after three months decided to stay in here, it means you guys really fancy this career and just don't see it as that easy thing all lazy millenials choose because it has no maths. I want you guys to connect to the real world, to help you to comprehend what are you going to do in 4 years when you graduate." He takes a deep breath, he just speaks so fast he runs out of air so easy, "I want you guys to open your eyes to the outside world and search for any magazine, newspaper, or any enterprise that would give you an internship; that way you will see if this career is for you, otherwise you can quit rightaway. Oh, I forgot to mention that this won't be the entirety in the semester, jusr for the two months of holidays you've got."

The bell rang and it was finally time to get back home. My mom rented me a flat just near the school so I didn't have to walk at night, all alone in the street. Still I don't live alone. Kaylee lives with me, my full time best friend.

She is a blonde, blue-eyed, toned and tanned perfect British girl, we've been friends since we were young... since we were all night long partying partners...

"So, you have to look for a job?" Kay asked me.

"Yes. I don't really know what I'm going to do, I need a really good one that at the end of the semester would give me an amazing review so I can have the highest grade." I reply really worried.

"Oh, wow, but don't be afraid, Li. I can help you with this, you've struggled with me and all my fights with Jake for a whole year. I'll return you the favour."

Yes, I did. Every Friday she was crying because she fought with this guy and there was just me for her in that moment, at the end, I make them make up again, planning a therapy session with me as the psychologist was the best thing I've ever done because now, they are engaged.

Yes, they are 20 and engaged. Not that I love Jake too much for him to be my best friend's future husband but I am happy for her, if she's happy then I am happy.

"Well, my aunt is the fiancée of this guy from..." she waved her hands in the air as if the sky would bring her down the answer, "The Sun, the newspaper... maybe I can call her and you contact the editor, you could work there... you're smart and responsible and shit..."
She jokes but I could do nothing but hug her. Maybe this wasn't going to be as hard as I thought it would be.