Freedom

"And why exactly should I believe a word you fucking say? Why would she hurt Vanessa? You're the douchebag who takes fucking pleasure in hurting people. Not Kate."

"I do not experience pleasure. I only have purpose. Purpose is all that I require. My actions are the result of this purpose. This host has proved useful to me. What reason would I have to destroy it?"

"'It'? Fucking 'it'? Vanessa isn't an 'it'. She's not a thing. She's a woman. A mother. A wife. A person. The only 'it' here is you."

"Those terms mean nothing to one such as me. All of you are merely motes of dust to me. You are insignificant."

"We'll just fucking see how 'insignificant' I am. And if we're that fucking unimportant then why are you doing all this shit just to kill us?"

"Because that it is my purpose. I am eternal, infinite, immortal. You are none of those things. You are nothing."

"That's where you're wrong. I am not nothing. I am everything. I'm everything to Max, and she is everything to me. We love each other. Do you seriously think that we're going to just roll over and die? Yeah, there's zero chance of that happening, motherfucker. You don't scare me. Take your goddamn purpose and shove it up your ass."

"Love cannot save you. Neither can your father. His sacrifice was in vain. Nothing can save you. This can, and will, end only one way – with your annihilation. You should already have been removed from this world. But yet you remain. This imbalance cannot be permitted to continue. It is my purpose to end it. To end you."

"So why Max? Why does she have to die as well? She didn't jump off the cliff. I did that, not her."

"She is the other facet of you. One cannot exist without the other. If one facet ceases to be, then so must the other. Both of you must be destroyed."

"That's total bullshit! It doesn't make any sense. You've been after Max and me for years, long before I tried to kill myself. Explain that one, shit-for-brains."

"That knowledge is not for you to know."

"Fine. I'll find out myself. Anyway, enough fucking talk. If you want to try and kill me, here I am. I'm right here. Come on. Bring it on, douchebag."

"Your time will come. But that time is not now. Time matters not to me."

Chloe burst into sudden harsh laughter. "You can't do it, can you? Oh man, it's you that's nothing. Just a big fucking mouth with absolutely nothing to back it up. You're pathetic! And you expect me to be frightened of you? Don't make me fucking laugh!"

"This host is now unable to function. Another way will be found."

"Unable to function? What did you do to her, you bastard?"

"I have already explained this to you. This was not my doing. This body is irreversibly damaged. It cannot function. The neck has suffered catastrophic injury. In addition, there are many malfunctions elsewhere. Soon it will expire."

"She's paralysed? And dying? Fuck! Why? Why would Kate do that?"

"I am not the only one with a purpose. The one you call 'Kate' has a purpose also."

"What is her purpose?"

"It is not possible for me to impart that knowledge to you."

"Okay. Have it your way. I've heard enough of your crap for one fucking day. I want to talk to Vanessa. I want you out of her. Now."

"No. I do not take orders from those such as you. This host belongs to me. I control it. I am immeasurably more powerful than you. You cannot remove me. That is beyond you."