A New Toy

"Let me show you my new toy. I'm Price. Chloe Price. Bang!"

"Jesus, put that thing down! Stop waving it around! Cut it out Chloe!"

"Chillax sista. It's not even loaded...yet." said Chloe, producing a box of ammunition and dangling it from her fingers, an impish twinkle in her eyes.

"I thought you believed in gun control."

"Yes, I believe I should control the gun. It's the men who need to be checked. Except you, Frank. You're sorta cool, I suppose."

"Why thank you. But I'm good with just my blade."

"Where'd you even get that anyways?"

"I know a man who knows how to get things."

"You? You got her that?" asked Laura, a stern look on her face.

"Yeah, I did. It's no biggy. What's the problem? She's a big girl now. She can handle it."

"No biggy? Are you fucking serious? What about me? Did you even stop to think about me? Whether I could handle it? You know damn well I hate guns."

"Relax. She's not going to shoot you with it, is she?"

"You can't possibly know that. Accidents happen. I mean - beer, dope and guns. Nice combo."

"We're only gonna knock off a few bottles. Christ Laura. Everything will be okay. Sit the fuck down, chill out, and stop worrying. For fuck's sake girl – you're stressing me out."

"Am I? Am I indeed? Well you know something jackass? I'm pretty fucking stressed-out too, if you hadn't noticed. Not that you give a damn. Screw you asshole!"

"Laura, wait..."

"Don't. Just don't. Leave me alone."

"Let her go Frank. I'll catch up with her in a bit and have a word with her...when she's calmed down. I'll sort her out." said Rachel.

"Cool. Thanks. I don't know what's got into her recently. I like her and all, but her mood swings are starting to get out of hand. Sometimes she's a little bit...scary."

"Scary? In what way?"

"Er...never mind. Forget I said anything."

"Now I'm hella intrigued. Do you mean like...in bed? Is she a monster between the sheets?" asked Rachel suggestively.

"I said forget it, alright. I don't wanna talk about it."

"Calm the fuck down Franky boy. I was just teasing. Dude, we so need to get you blazed. Roll a fat one Chloe."

"I did the last one. It's your turn."

"Do as I tell you, or I'll put you over my knee young lady."

"Mmmmm. Can you do that to me anyway?"

"Jesus you two – get a room."

"Why? You wanna watch?"

"Bulldog?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut the fuck up."

"Can you hear him Rach? Are you going to let him talk to me like that?"

"I'm not putting him over my knee, if that's what you mean. Frank, you're great and all, but I only dig girls. Bad luck for you." said Rachel with a coy wink.

"You two are as bad as each other. Just wait until I see your mothers."

"Our moms too? Take it easy there tiger." said Chloe with a smirk.