Per Ardua ad Astra

Eventually, their kiss came to an end and Chloe spread her wings out behind her, waving them slowly and gracefully in the moonlight. They were softly aglow with a lambent blue radiance, as if lit from within. "Are you ready to go Max?"

"Go? Go where? I thought we were going to spend the night here?"

"We are. I just thought you might like to see the sights first."

"I've lived here for most of my life Chloe. I've seen all of Arcadia Bay's sights before. It's your sights that I want to see."

"I'm sure you do, but this will be worth the delay. Trust me. You've never seen Arcadia Bay this way before. Put your arms around my neck again. Cool. Remember when I said I was going to sweep you off your feet? Well I meant it. Literally. Hold on to me." Chloe tightened her grip around Max's waist and slowly ascended into the air, taking the smaller girl up with her.

"What the...Chloe, you're flying! Ohmygodohmygod! You're actually freakin' flying! Is this a hallucination? Am I dreaming this? I have to be. This can't possibly be real."

"No Max, you aren't dreaming – this is very, very real. I was thinking about trying to get you high. Well, now I'm going to. Are you okay Angel?"

"No Chloe, I'm not okay."

"What's the matter? I won't let any harm come to you. Ever. You're not going to fall - I've got you. You're never getting away from me ever again. This will be wonderful."

"I know. I'm not just okay, Chloe. I am about as far away from okay as anyone can possibly get. I love this. I love you. You really are a goddess. And I never want it to end. It's awesome. You are truly awesome." Max kissed Chloe passionately. "Now take me right up to the stars."

"Okay Angel. Hold on tight." Chloe rose to not far above the treetops, then they swooped out over the bay, descending until they were just above the water, skimming the night sea. "You still alright Max? You've gone real quiet."

"Chloe, this is beyond words. The way I feel about you is beyond words. How much I love you is beyond words. This is rapture. I'll never forget that you shared this with me."

"Who else would I share it with? I am only going to share myself and all that I have with you, and no one else. For the rest of my life. I love you more than I love anything or anyone, Max Caulfield." Chloe arced upwards until they were rising vertically, rising far into the air. Then she gently bought the ascent to a stop, and the two girls hung motionless in the warm night air. They looked into each other's eyes before Chloe slowly bought her lips to Max's, barely making contact. The smaller girl moaned softly and tightened her embrace, and surrendered herself to her girlfriend. They were framed perfectly by the blue moon as they kissed. "Dude you look so gorgeous in the moonlight."

"So do you – it really brings out the blue in your hair...and your eyes. It's like they're shining from inside somehow. You're incredibly, astoundingly beautiful."

"When I'm as beautiful as you I'll have something to boast about. Come on, I see David has sorted things out for us - there's the signal fire. Let's go."

"Where?"

"Another favourite spot of ours. The lighthouse." Chloe swooped down and gently placed Max on the ground near the bench. A campfire was already burning brightly. "Have a seat Pete. I just need to go get something. I won't be a sec." Chloe unlocked the hut and grabbed a boombox from just inside the door.

"What's that for?"

Chloe placed the stereo down on the bench, hit play and then took Max by the hand. "May I have this dance madam?"