Purified

The two girls climaxed together, this final one slow, drawn-out and lingering, both of them shuddering against each other until eventually they both lay perfectly still, eyes closed, lost in quiet, sedate bliss. Max bought her hand up and caressed the brilliant-blue hair. She buried her head in Chloe's neck, for now content merely to rest on top of her girlfriend, breathing in Chloe's familiar scent through her small, freckled nose. The sound of quiet weeping broke the peaceful silence. Max could feel Chloe's chest hitch slightly with each sob. She raised her head and looked at her lover's face with concern.

"Chloe? Oh god Chloe. What's wrong? Is it me? Was it something I did?"

There was a lengthy pause before Chloe replied. "Yes. This is all because of you." she murmured in between sobs. Her eyes remained closed.

Max's eyes began to fill with tears now. "Chloe, I don't understand. What have I done? I thought we were both enjoying it. I thought you loved me. Please Chloe, tell me what I did wrong. I'll do anything to make it right. I'd do anything for you. I love you."

Chloe opened her eyes and gently stroked Max's lips. "I know Max. I know you would do anything for me. I know you love me. I know just how much you love me. I can feel it. That's why I'm crying. Oh Max." The last two words were a whisper that trailed off into silence.

"Chloe, please don't cry. Don't be sad. I want us both to be happy. This should be the most wonderful time of our lives, one that we'll remember forever. I don't want us to remember it like this. Please tell me how I can make this right."

"Max, Angel, my beautiful brown-haired goddess, you already have made it right. You've made everything right. That's why I'm crying. I'm crying because my heart is bursting. It's bursting with joy. It's bursting with you. It feels heavenly, but so much so that it's almost unbearable. Max, I'm crying because I never imagined I could ever feel like this, not ever. I'm crying because all of what we've both been through to get here doesn't matter. I'm crying because you were totally right – this was my first time. I feel cleansed. I feel as pure as the gentle rain of spring. I never thought I would feel clean ever again. But you've purified me. I'm crying because I'm unbelievably, miraculously, wonderfully happy. I'm crying because you have washed away all of the pain from my life. I'm crying because, years ago, Mom told me that one day a light would find me and illuminate my whole world. And it has. That light is you. I'm crying because you, Max Caulfield, my Angel, have always been there with me, right by my side, just like my dad said. Max, we've never been apart, not even for a second. And we never will be. I remember absolutely everything now. But most of all I'm crying because, Max Caulfield, you love me, and I, Chloe Elizabeth Price, love you. With all of my heart. I always have. I always will."

"Oh Chloe. I'll always love you too." They kissed each other, sharing their pure love with each other. Max moved over to one side and caressed Chloe's waist with one hand and her hair with the other. They gazed deeply into each other's eyes. "Chloe?" Max whispered.

"Yes my perfect little Angel?"

"I'm going to make you a promise now. I want you to promise me the same."

"Anything for you Max. You know that."

"Chloe, I promise you that if we ever fall out with each other, if we ever have an argument, we won't let it fester. We won't drift apart, not even for a day. I promise you that I will meet you, come the very next midnight, right here, in the clearing, and I won't say a word. Not one. I'll just hug you. And kiss you. And love you. Please promise me that you will do the same."

Chloe delicately cupped Max's face with her hands. "Max, I promise you that I will meet you here and do exactly that, no matter what. I love you so much. Nothing will drive us apart – I won't let it. I will never stop loving you, Max Caulfield."