Reborn

The words Max had just said to her poured into Chloe's mind like the sweetest, warmest treacle. She realised that she had been waiting her whole life for this one single moment – to hear Max say those words to her. And now that moment had finally arrived. Not that she had any lingering doubts anyway, but now she really knew – Chloe had always been utterly in love with the person she was with right now. Max was the one. She always had been. Chloe could feel it. 'We're not two separate people – Mom was right – Max and me truly are two facets of one perfect being. And Max was so right too – this won't be sex. Not even close.' To Chloe, that word seemed incredibly terse, crude, shallow and blunt. It came nowhere close to describing what was about to happen between them. 'This is something so much deeper and more meaningful than that. This is the union of something that has been ripped asunder for far too long – a blissful melding of two souls into one. This is like nothing I've ever felt before. How could I have possibly thought that I was in love back then? I have no idea what that was, but it certainly wasn't love. This is love.' A terrifying but exhilarating realisation hit Chloe suddenly. 'Oh my god. I end here. Right here and now. Chloe Elizabeth Price dies tonight. And so does Max. This is the end of us both. There will be no more me, no more Max. There will just be us. We are about to be reborn – a beautiful butterfly emerging from its cocoon. Man, I think I'm going to faint.' Chloe drew some deep breaths to recover herself, then her lips left Max's ear and moved down to the side of the neck. She began to nibble gently at the skin there and the smaller girl angled her head to allow Chloe more freedom, moaning softly. Max's left hand came up and lovingly stroked Chloe's hair. "I love you Angel." breathed Chloe, the whisper caressing Max's freckled skin.

It took Max a while to respond – she was having trouble speaking. "...I...love you Chloe." she whispered back.

Chloe went from nibbling to the lightest of kisses, working her way around the front and downwards until she arrived at the chest. She gently licked the skin covering Max's sternum, starting at the neck and moving down to the bra, then returning back to the neck. Max held her head as far back as possible with her eyes half closed, breathing heavily. With her free hand she reached for Chloe's and held it in her own.

"Are you still okay Max?"

Max clenched the hand she was holding before nodding. "Don't stop." she uttered.

Chloe moved downwards with her tongue once more, going past the bra and trailing it all the way down to the navel. Once there she broke contact and looked up at her girlfriend's face. Max's eyes were fully closed now. She spread her legs slightly and raised the knees a little, before opening her eyes and looking at Chloe.

"Chloe, I said don't stop. What are you doing?"

"Just admiring the view. You are impossibly beautiful, you know that? I just can't believe that this is really happening. Max, this is my dream come true. I've wanted this for so long. But still, I'm not going to rush." said Chloe with the trace of a smile on her lips.

"Chloe. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease." Max begged. She squeezed Chloe's hand even harder.

Max's earnest pleading sent what felt like brilliant blue sparks of vibrant electricity shooting up and down the full length of Chloe's spine. She could clearly sense Max's ardent state of arousal. 'This is the first time ever in her life that she's feeling this way. And it is for me. She wants me. Max is giving herself to me. To me. She really does love me. Oh man. This is heaven. I never want this to end.' Chloe bought Max's hand to her mouth and softly kissed it all over. She feathered Max's arm with her lips, starting with the inside of the wrist and then all the way up to the neck once again. Chloe then watched Max's face as she caressed her waist. Max's eyes flicked open once more and Chloe could see the raw intensity shining through them. Their lips met and Max immediately thrust her tongue into Chloe's mouth. Chloe responded in kind. 'Holy hell she's a damn good kisser!' thought Chloe, beginning to lose control herself.