A Sudden Storm

"That'll be our ride. Laters Mom, David."

"Bye Joyce. Goodbye David."

"Have a good night girls."

"We'll see you both tomorrow at breakfast. I'll have your usual ready and waiting for you, Max."

"Thanks Joyce."

"Good evening ladies. Your chauffeur awaits." said Frank, looking slightly uncomfortable dressed in suit and tie.

"Who the hell are you? I was expecting a deadbeat hobo called Frank Bowers. What did you do with him? Tie him up and put him in the trunk?"

"And I was expecting my best buddy Bulldog. Can you go and get her please – punk trash with ripped jeans and an attitude as rough as a saw-blade?"

"Fuck you Frank."

"Bulldog? Is that you? That's more like the roughneck I know and love." replied Frank with a smirk.

"Ha fucking h...I promised myself I wouldn't swear tonight. Sorry Max. Blame him. You're a bad influence on me, Mr Bowers."

"Chloe Elizabeth Price, you epitomise bad influence. But don't you dare change too much – where would I get my kicks from then? Wowser! Is that our car?"

"Sure is. You didn't think I was going to drive you around in my rusty old piece of crap, did you? Or Frank's shitty RV? We have our very own Cadillac for the evening. Like it?"

"Of course I like it. But this must have cost you heaps of cash."

"Max, you're worth every single cent. You really are priceless to me – no pun intended. I mean it. Now get your skinny little ass in there pronto. I don't want to stand on the street dressed like this for ever. I do have to show my face in this town again." said Chloe as she held open the car door.

"Yeah, heaven forbid that your neighbours come to realise that you actually are a female of the species. And the most beautiful one ever at that."

"Shhhh. Everyone will want a piece of me if they hear you."

"Uhuh. No way. You're all mine. I might only be small, but if they know what's good for 'em they'd best not mess with Mad Max the Mini Menace. Or her girlfriend."

"I feel safer already. See you in a sec." Chloe closed the door and moved around to the other side of the vehicle.

"Hold your horses. Let me get the door for you."

"Fuck off Frank! I'm not the Queen of England. I can open a car door myself and I don't have time to wait for your sorry ass. I wanna get out of sight. Did you remember the bag?"

"Yep. In the trunk."

"Cool. Now get in the driver seat and let's get this show on the road."

"So then, what delights do you have planned for me tonight, Miss Price?"

"Lots, but that would be telling. First off we're going to do something we've always wanted to do since we were kids but we never got the chance."

"I'm not sure if I like the sounds of that..."

"Trust me. Would I ever get you into trouble?"

"I'll answer that with an emphatic 'yes'. Of course you would. This is you we're talking about here."

"Normally you would be right, but tonight is all about you. So you're safe...ish - I still intend to have my wicked way with you."

"You mean if I let you."