A Double Date

"Chloe, I dig you in your punk gear, but I've gotta say those new clothes really suit you. You're actually in danger of looking something close to respectable – an upstanding citizen of Arcadia Bay."

"Don't get used to it Caulfield - the trashy punk dyke will be back tomorrow. You have my word on that. And you're a fine one to talk – dude, you actually do look like a lady tonight. What's that shit you've got hanging around your neck?"

"It's called a dreamcatcher. It's like a lucky charm, I guess. I'm hoping it will keep me out of trouble."

"Good luck with that Maximus, you're with me. Trouble should be my middle name."

"Not any more. I'm going to keep you on the path of righteousness from now on."

"But I can still have fun, right, Miss Bossy Boots? You're not going to clip my wings too much, are you?"

"Only a little. I might let you cut loose once in a while. But only if you've been a good girl."

"Don't you want me to be a bad girl sometimes? Especially when we're in bed? Or even out of it?" Chloe nudged Max in her side.

"And you keep saying I'm the one who's out of control? But do tell me more. I'm intrigued."

"I'm sure you are, but you'll have to wait. Anyway, here we are. After you Angel." Chloe held the door open for her companion.

"I could so get used to this treatment. Thank you very much madam."

"No worries. You should appreciate it. I don't do this for anyone else."

"I am honoured."

"Yep, you sure are. Hey look, there's Frank! With Wells' secretary. Get in there Franky boy! This is awesome – a double date. Cool." Chloe gave him a casual wave as she made her way to the bar.

"He's your friend? I thought you said this was a decent place, Chloe? He looks really scary."

Chloe couldn't help but laugh. "Frank? Scary? Relax Max, he's about as scary as Captain. Frank's a teddy bear too."

"If you say so. I trust you, I guess."

"I do say so. Frank and I have kinda hung out for ages."

"Hung out? You don't mean you..."

"Ugh no we've never had sex. Gross man. He's never even tried. We're just good friends."

"That's it?"

"Yeah. Would I lie to you? Max Caulfield, are you actually jealous?"

"No. I believe you. Totally."

Chloe flicked through the menu. "I should hope so. Anyways, whaddya want to drink?"

"Er, do they do lemon iced-tea?"

"...hang on...yep...there you go. Two lemon ice teas please Roth."

"Coming right up Chloe."

"Two? Chloe, you do know iced tea doesn't have any alcohol in it, right?"

"Sure. Course I do."

"You're not drinking beer?"

"Nope. This is our first date. I don't want to get wasted. Besides, if I had a few drinks they'd end up kicking us both out."

"Why?"

"Because I wouldn't be able to stop myself from ravishing you on that pool table over there. So don't worry, you're safe tonight."

"Awwww." said Max with a mischievous grin.

"I swear I'm going to hose you down with cold water to dampen your ardour."