#2

James straightened out his robes and peered into the Great Hall. He saw Lily sitting beside Marlene McKinnon, Alice Longbottom, and Hestia Jones. He turned back to the corridor. There were about a dozen house elves standing in two lines holding music sheets.

"Are you sure about this?" Remus asked, staring skeptically at the elves.

"Yes Moony," James said quickly. "I just want to get it over with before the elves lose interest. Besides, she's a muggleborn she should love this!"

"James, contrary to belief, not all muggles like muggle things."

Sirius snorted, "That's stupid. I love wizardry!"

James drummed his hand nervously against his leg. "Let's go."

James walked in, the elves following behind in two rows. They stopped in front of Lily, all smiles. Sirius ran around the other side of the Gryffindor table with his wand out. He cleared his throat, making sure everyone in the Hall would shut up. He then began waving his arms like a conductor with his wand and the elves began singing "All I Want for Christmas Is You", a muggle song.

They were screechy, most likely due to Sirius's arms moving wildly, but they held the tune. Sirius put his wand down and they stopped, moving so James could be front and center.

"Lily Evans, will you give me the greatest Christmas present and be my girlfriend?"

Lily's cheeked turned crimson. Her mouth was open in shock, but then it turned into a frown. "NO!"

Wormtail, who stood behind Remus, whistled. "Next time P-Prongs!" 

"Okay, I'll try again tomorrow, Evans." He smiled at her before walking out with the trail of elves behind.