We arrive eventually. I get out and stand still for a moment. Hermione and Ron look at me confused. Erin gives me a sympathetic look. I smile back but Ginny tells them to go.

They leave, looking around at us now and then.

"It's weird isn't it?" Ginny whispers.

"Yes," I croak, feeling tears.

This is the place where so many innocent people died.

Ginny tilts my face so I'm looking at her again. I'm looking in those beautiful hazel eyes. Ginny wipes my tears away and kisses me lightly on the lips.

"It's okay to cry! Remember?" she says quietly.

I nod and sniff once. I'm going to have to get over this. I'm going to live here for another year.

We start walking again, holding hands. It's beautiful seeing Hogwarts again. We also see the first years, a few soaking wet. I guess they fell in the water. Hagrid winks and Ginny and I decide to run, because we're a little late.

We run through the Great Hall and quickly join Ron and Hermione. We're out of breath but we can still laugh at Ron's confused face. I notice that Erin isn't here but I realise that she hasn't been Sorted yet.

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts!" Professor McGonagall booms through the hall. "The Sorting Ceremony will begin in a minute but I would like to ask you to be especially friendly to the new ones. They are still a little frightened about the events of last year. I am also glad to see that so many of you have returned to Hogwarts. I would also like to welcome a new seventh year student, Erin Miller."

I see Erin standing next to McGonagall. McGonagall signs to Filch to open the doors.

Little first years come walking in, looking terrified. I laugh and so does Ginny. I still remember feeling the same.

When the first years finally arrive at the other end of the Hall, near the Sorting Hat, the Hat opens his mouth and starts singing.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Huffelpuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make a real friend,
Those cunning folk use any means
But the Pure-Bloodness of the House has now come to an end.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands, though I have none,
For I am a Thinking Cap!"

Everyone claps so I do too.

"Well, at least the danger's gone so the Hat won't have to worry about that!" Ron exclaims, which caused everyone who heard, to laugh.

"Now, when I call your name, you will come forth and try on the Hat." Professor McGonagall informs.

"Amy Adams"