Chapter 64 - Lies.

Emily's point of view.

"Harry?" I call as I walk inside and put the keys on the table in the corner. I walk further inside, hearing two voices coming from the living room. I smile widely as I recognise them and walk inside.

"Hello!"

"Emily dear, gosh you look so good!" Anne jumps up from the couch and gives me a tight hug, kissing my cheek. I giggle and sit down, Harry playfully glaring at me.

"You stole my car."

"I borrowed your car, I'm back with it now aren't I." I give him a cheeky smile and he chuckles, both of us looking at Anne again.

"You two are just so cute together." She gushes and I blush, looking down while Harry chuckles.

"Hey, what happened on school?" Harry asks me and I look up, shocked by the question.

"What? Oh, nothing. She just wanted to catch up." I lie and forced a smile, which he believed. I walk back to the hall and kick my shoes off, sighing deeply. How am I going to tell him this? I have no idea if he will be okay with it but I mean... It's my future?

"Emily?" I hear Harry call and I push all the problems aside, putting a smile on my face. Harry and I will sit down for this and talk about it, we need to.

Just the two of us.

"So, how are you two doing?" Anne asks with a small as I sit down on the couch next to Harry, the two of us talking at the same time.

"We are good." I say at the same time Harry says "Amazing, mum you ask this every time."

"Good." Anne ignores Harry's complaint and I grin when I see Harry rolls his eyes. I wanted to make a comment about it when my phone started ringing.

"Who is it?" Harry asks curiously and I look down, frowning when I see the name.

"Jake?"

"Jake? You still talk to him?" Harry frowns with an unknown emotion in his eyes and I shake my head.

"No... We haven't talked in a long time." I mutter and sigh silently.

"I'll be right back."

"You're going to pick up?" Harry asks and I raise my eyebrows, what is he implying?

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"Well maybe because...-"

"Go pick up Em, he's your friend. We understand." Anne cut her son off and to be honest, I almost forgot she was here. I slowly nod and stand up, leaving the room and answering the phone.

"Hey Jake." I smile as I hop on the counter. I don't know why we stopped talking to be honest... It all stopped after I started dating Harry...

"Hey Em, I know this is kind of random." He rushed and I was worried, what is going on?

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah! I just um... wanted to congratulate you on getting in on UCLA." He says and I furrow my eyebrows, leaning against the wall of the hall.

"Thanks, how did you know?"

"Demi told us, since you didn't tell me and all..." He trails off and I sigh, biting my nails.

"I'm sorry, I have been busy and...-"

"Yeah yeah, you're famous now. I get it." He cuts me off and I click my tongue, feeling a bit annoyed with his reply. I was anything but famous and he knew that. He just wanted to lure me and Harry out, wanted to get a reaction from us. Which I didn't know why, why did he hate Harry so much?

"Well in that case, I've got to go. Speak to you later Jake." I say and hang up immediately, not in the mood for another sarcastic reply and walk back to the living room where Harry and Anne were in a deep conversation about his new album.

"It's definitely slower, but it is still as meaningful. There are of course a lot of inspired songs on there, but I can't tell you too much about that." He chuckles and wraps his arm around me when I sit back down next to him on the couch, smiling at the excitement and happiness in his eyes. He really loves his music, it is fascinating to see how his eyes light up every time he talks about it.

"What did Jake say?" He asks and I sigh, shrugging my shoulder as I come up with an instant lie.

"Oh you know, the usual stuff. Why we don't talk anymore and why I am always busy."

It was partly true.

"He gets on my nerves, a lot." Harry rolls his eyes and I smile, looking at Anne who is also smiling. Don't tell me he was jealous...

"He is a pretty decent guy." I joke and Harry raises his eyebrows, making me laugh silently and cuddle into his chest. Honestly, his body is more comfortable than any pillow ever.

"Pretty decent huh..."He hums and Anne laughs, standing up from her seat.

"I must be going, Gemma was expecting me half an hour ago." She laughs and Harry chuckles, the both of us standing up.

"She's going to kill you mum, she hates late-comers." He kisses his mum's cheek and she smiles, leaning in to give me a hug which I return.

"Oh I know, she hates it just as much as I do."

Harry chuckles and we walk her to the door, saying goodbye and waving at her when she drives away. When Anne is in the neighbourhood, she always randomly comes by for a cup of tea and then leaves again. I love her visits a lot, she is a lovely woman.

"I don't see how you can like that Jake." Harry mutters after a long time of simply lying on the couch and I giggle, looking up at him.

"You're just jealous Styles."

"A girl like you is hard to find, of course I'm jealous." He replies and I raise my eyebrows, not expecting this answer. Most guys would deny the factor jealously, since it isn't cool and all, but Harry admitted it.

If I could be linked with an emoji in this very moment, I would be the one with the heart eyes.