chapter 1 - school

A/N:

Bare with me that this is the first ever fanfiction I wrote and it was from the early days... And I am in fact Dutch, so the grammar sucks.

Also, it is in major editing so some of the subject might seem off...

I changed her name from Julia to Emily because Julia is my own name and it just seemed too personal. So if you see any 'Julia' in the story, do tell.

I cringed a lot while editing this but I don't want to take it down because hey, it brings a lot of good memories and good memories are well... good.

Enjoy!

----

Words: 1954.
Status: Edited

---

Emily's point of view.

"Emily wake up!" My father yells from downstairs and I groan and sit up in bed. It's Monday again, school time. Everyone knows the struggle with high school; long days with people you'd rather not see on a daily basis.

I get out of bed and put my hair in a bun to get it out of my face. I put some fuzzy socks on and walk downstairs. My father was leaning against the counter while he was reading a paper and I grabbed some strawberry tea, my favourite. I sit down and eat my breakfast. Most people take lunch to school, but I never do. I usually don't have time to make it or have the appetite to eat it. And nope, our school didn't have a luxe cafeteria.

I finish eating breakfast and walk back upstairs, opening the closet and sighing deeply.

What am I going to wear?

I decided to grab one of my sweaters together with a pair of black skinny jeans, nothing too special. I mean, come on... It's school and besides, I don't have anyone to dress up for. I don't have to dress up for myself, I'll do that some other time. When I actually am in the mood.

I put my hair up in a high messy bun and put some simple make-up on. I hate putting a lot of stuff of my face, it's feels heavy with it.

"Emily! You're going to be late for school!" My father yells again and I sigh and brush my teeth in the bathroom. I grab my bag and take one last glance in the mirror, wonderful.

I hate Mondays.

I run back downstairs and put my black vans on, tucking the laces inside and put my jacket on. I yell a quick bye to my dad before leaving the house. School isn't that for from my home, about a five minute walk. Which I do everyday, I even walk to school in the snow.

I love winter to be honest. Christmas, coziness, snow and warm chocolate. Oh my god, I love the hot chocolate.

I arrive the school in less than five minutes and walk inside, smiling to the woman behind the desk. She and three others are on lookout in this school, checking if everything is clean and if there are no fights. They can get very angry if you make a mess of the school, but they are nice when you stay nice.

Or a good boring girl like me.

"Hey Ems" Lisa, one of my best friends walks to me and gives me a hug when I arrive the lockers. I've known her for about two years now, we clicked instantly. We both love horses and the TV show called Supernatural. How I loved Dean, I guess I still do.