chapter 18 - christmas p1

Words: 2681
Status: Edited

---

Emily's point of view.

I put the small bow in my hair and look in the mirror. I'm proud with my reflection, I finally look decent. I'm wearing a white sweater and a bordeaux red skater skirt with knee length socks and black flats. I curled my hair with lose curls and my make-up is very classic.

I love Christmas, it's the best day. My dad and step mother are happy, my family is happy and I'm happy.

I smile and walk downstairs, but my smile disappears as soon as I take the last step. The Christmas lights were out. Where is everyone? Did they seriously left me here? I walk around the house and yes, they left me. I sigh deeply and walk into the kitchen and I see a note.

Emily,
Your father and I went to friends, won't be back till midnight or later.

Oh and merry Christmas, oops.

Lauren.

I couldn't help but let out a sob. I knew they weren't the best, but this?! This is insane. My dad... He seriously left me here on my own.

I heard my phone ringing and I cleared my throat before picking up.

"Hello?" Okay anyone can know that I cried. I'm such a bad actress, oh god.

"Emily, what's wrong?" I heard Harry through the device and I sit down on the lonely couch.

"N-nothing, why?" I sniff and he sighs.

"I know you've been crying, did she say anything? Did she touch you?" He asks me worried and I shake my head, even though he can't see me.

"No, she not here actually."

He is quiet for a moment.

"Wait what?"

"My dad and step mom left, I'm home alone Harry. It's Christmas! I know about the movie Home Alone but this definitely isn't like that at all." I sob as I ramble and let my head fall in my free hand. I couldn't imagine spending my Christmas alone. Maybe this is what I deserve.

Yeah this is definitely what I deserve.

"I'm going to pick you up." He says and he says some things to someone else and I hear a door close. Is he seriously coming? He can't, right? Okay I'm rather spend my Christmas alone then. Harry should be with his family!

"What? No, Harry you can't!" I tell him with wide eyes and I guess he starts his car.

"I can and I will. I'll be there in fifteen." He says and hangs up. I look at my watch and see that it's 1 o'clock. Harry can't spend this Christmas with me, he should spend it with his family. Not with me, I feel like such a burden.

I exhaled deeply and walk upstairs, to the mirror. My eyeliner has streamed down, making my eyes look black. I sigh and grab a towel, removing it all. I don't care anymore, I'll watch some silly Christmas movies with some pizza.

The door bell rang the moment I wanted to get out of these hideous clothes and I groan, I'm going to scream in frustration. Everyone has to leave me alone right now!

I stump downstairs and open the door slightly, revealing angry Harry.

"I swear to god, if...-" he cut himself off as soon as I opened the door further. What is wrong with him? I'm wearing clothes right? I look down and sigh relieved, yes I'm wearing clothes. Then why does he act this way?