chapter 6 - the concert

Words: 2520
Status: Edited

Emily's point of view

Okay, what did just happen?

Harry talking to my step mom like that? I don't know how to feel, but I am definitely not angry. I am... Glad? Relieved? Thankful? I'm all of it. He said things I couldn't say, and I have a feeling this is just the beginning. It wasn't much, but he still did it.

"There you are! The boys are doing a soundcheck now and 5SOS are... I don't know what they're doing. Probably some keeking or whatever they call it." Demi smiles and I smile back and sit down on the couch.

"I'm so excited for this concert." Niall walks in the room followed by the other boys and they sit down, well they let themselves fall back.

"Me too Nialler, this is going to be epic." Louis throws his head back and puts his feet on the table, making Liam scoff. Father much?

"It's already five, this day went so quickly." Demi says when she looked on her phone and we agree. It went very quickly. I have school tomorrow... Ugh.

"I'm gonna order pizza." Niall says and stand up, dialling domino's I think. I don't know where he orders pizza...

Anyways, he ordered the pizza and sat back down, putting his arm around Demi's shoulder. Gosh they are so cute.

The boys, Perrie and Demi started talking about something I didn't understand. Do you ever get that feeling that you just veel utterly alone, even though you are with a huge group? I have that, all the time. I also do have that feeling right now. I have no idea what they're talking about, I don't belong here. They are way too good for me.

Why does Harry even talk to me? I should be sitting in my room, with my parents downstairs yelling at me, because that's my life. This is Harry's and I don't know if I can get used to this. Perhaps these guys don't like me and they start a fight with Harry because they don't want me. I can't let that happen.

"So Tuesday, 7 o'clock right?" Niall says making me snap out of my daze.

"Yes of course! You want to come Emily?" Perrie asks me and I look up, what are they talking about?

"Sorry, what?" I laugh embarrassed and rub my arm. I really need to stop that

"We're going to a football game (A/N: soccer for those who are American) and we want you to come." Demi smiles and I look at the boys, who are all smiling at me. I really want to go but my parents...

"I can't, sorry. It's a school day and I have a test Wednesday." I tell her and look down when I hear Harry sigh. What was he thinking? Did I annoy him?

"Hello everyone." We heard someone say and I look up to see Simon walk in.

"Simon? What are you doing here?" Louis asks and Simon chuckles.

"Nice to see you too Louis." He says before looking at me.

"Who is this lady?" He asks and Harry sits up straighter.

"Oh this is Emily Talbott, a very good friend of mine." He introduced me and I smile and shook his hand.

"Talbott right? Is your father maybe Richard Talbott? The jurist? He's married to a woman called Lauren Brown?" He asks me and I nod, how did Simon Cowell even know Lauren?

"She is a nice woman, tell her I said hello." He smiled and I nod, again. So my step mom is nice on her work, but not when she's home? Maybe she stays on Simon's good side so she have a change on getting famous and rich?