Chapter 45 - Adult.

Emily's point of view.

It's finally time.

It's finally April 14...

I'm finally 18!

I jump out of bed and open the curtain, smiling widely at the weather. The sun was shining and it didn't look cold anymore. Good.

I put my hair in a messy bun and walk downstairs, smiling at my mom. My parents and I have gotten a bit closer. They aren't rude anymore and treat me like they should treat me, like a true daughter.

"Morning." She smiles and I smile back, grabbing a cup of tea. Hmm, she made me a cup of strawberry tea.

"Good morning."

I sit next to her on the kitchen island and she looks through several magazines.

"Where's dad?" I ask and look around, he's not here.

"He's getting you a surprise."

A what? Why?

"You know I don't care about presents right?" I giggle at my mom and take a sip of my tea. My mom chuckles too and shrugs, "You'll like this present though."

I frown at her answer but don't say anything. I'm not that big of a fan of presents, I don't care at all if someone shows up without a present. The fact that they show up at all is a present for me.

"I'm finally eighteen." I say with a happy smile and my mom smiles too, shaking her head. She closes the magazine and puts them away. She stands up and leaves the room. I hear the door open and I look up. Is he home?

"Emily!" I hear my mom call me and I put my cup away, walking to the hallway that connects to the many rooms in our house. I widen my eyes at the person in front of me and jumps in his arms.

"Harry!"

"Hello there little one." He chuckles and sets me down, kissing my forehead.

"Happy birthday." He smiles warmly and I smile back, looking at my parents.

"I thought you didn't like him."

"We do, he's perfect for you Emily. Very nice too." My father smiles and Harry chuckles, wrapping his arms around me from behind and intertwining his fingers on my stomach.

"Thank you." I say silently and my parents smile, my father nodding his head.

"It's true. Now get dressed." He claps his hand and I raise my eyebrows.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." My mom smiles and I look up to Harry, seeing him smile too.

Where are we going?

---

"The zoo?" I ask with wide eyes, hands glued to the window while we pass the sign of the London Zoo. My parents laughed and turned into the parking lot. Harry, who was sitting next to me on the backseat, came over to my side and look out the window too. He puts his chin on my shoulder and I smile. I'm living the dream.

My dad parked the car in an empty spot and I get out the car, almost jumping up and down because of how excited I was. I swear I looked like a five year old, well I am mentally. I won't act my age. Harry laughed at me and grabbed my hand, the four of us walking to the entrance.

"Four tickets please." My father smiles, causing Harry to frown.

"I can pay for myself, or for both Emily and I."

"Of course not, we brought you here." My father chuckled and paid the tickets. Harry raised his eyebrows in shock and looked down at me, shrugging with a smile. We get in the park, a man giving me a map. I smile thankfully and look around, the childhood memories coming back. I always loved the zoo, but we stopped coming here after I entered high school.

"Where to first?" My mother asks me and I look up to Harry, who simply shrugs.

"It's your day Ems."

"Why won't we just follow the map?" I say with a smile and hold up the map. Harry chuckles and kissed my forehead.

"Okay Dora."

"Shut up Tarzan."

---

"Why won't you two go to the zebra's while we get something to drink?" My father suggested and Harry and I both nod, walking to the zebra's. The fence wasn't that high, the animals could easily put their heads over it. Zebra's are one of my favourite animals in Afrika, they are family of the horse of course.

"Look Ems, they have a foal." Harry pointed to the four legged animals and I gasp when I see a smaller zebra drinking by his mother. That is so cute! The little one snorted and jumped around, annoying the other zebra's. I giggle and Harry wraps his arm around me, both of us looking at the foal. He was very close to us now and I took a step foreward, stretching my arm. The little zebra looks confusing but still sticks his nose out, touching my head lightly. He flinched but I didn't take my hand back, making him take a step to my hand. I gently stroke his nose and he snorted again. He gets called by his mother and he runs away. I giggle and turn back to Harry, who was looking at me with an adorable smile.

"Did you see that!" I gasp and Harry chuckles, nodding his head. He wrapped my arms around me and my parents arrived, looking confused at me shocked face.

"What happened?"

"I touched a zebra foal!" I smile brightly and they laugh, giving me a bottle of Pepsi. I thank them and take a sip, sighing happily. This is the best birthday so far, happy parents and Harry. Oh Harry, I never knew a person could bring happiness. But he did, he brought me happiness and love.

"Harry Styles!" We hear a voice behind me and Harry and we turn around, seeing a girl of the age of maybe 14 with wide eyes. Harry chuckles and nod, "Hello love."

"Can I get a picture?" She breaths nervously and Harry nods.

"With both of you?" She asks again and looks at me, making me widen my eyes lightly. She wanted me on the picture too? Like... She didn't hate me?

"Y-Yeah, of course."

"I'll take it." My father smiles and the girl smiles too, giving her phone to my father. She gets in between Harry and I and we all three smile, my father taking the picture. He hands it back and the girl smiles.

"Thank you, enjoy your day! Happy birthday Emily!" She waves with a big smile and walks away, leaving me shocked. Harry chuckles and grabs my hand, turning to my parents who smiled too. I'm so glad they finally became my normal parents again, god knows why. But I'm glad they did.

"Let's go to the apes?" My mother suggested and we nodded, walking to their exhibition. You have a lot of kinds here, from Gorrila's to chimpanzees. You can walk through their therritory, they are very friendly. Harry and I walk hand in hand, swinging them back and forth and Harry suddenly stopped. I turned to him with a frown and laughed at what a saw. A baby gorrila was sitting on his shoulder, playing with his hair and it sounded like he was giggling. I grabbed my phone and made a picture, Harry looking shocked at what was happening.

"He is so cute." I giggle and the baby looks at me, almost smiling.

"You attract apes Tarzan." I say with a smile and I too feel something on my shoulder, also a baby. I giggle when he brushed through my hair. This is so cool!

"Whatever you say Jane."

---

A/N

So here is chapter 45! The ape thing was her idea, so this is for you old goat! anoukkhoran , you're the best!

.xx