chapter 11 - alone

Words: 1548
Status: Edited

---

Emily's point of view

I haven't talked to Harry in two weeks after he left. He said he had some things to do after he read something on his phone. I then saw a picture of him and some blonde girl leaving a restaurant. I know it's none of my business, but he's still my best friend you know... He could've told me... And I've tried calling, but he's ignoring me. I also asked him to join me to the art gallery, which he ignored too. And the gallery is seriously tomorrow.

Demi spend a lot time with Niall, so we couldn't hang out either. And Lisa got a boyfriend named Tristan and so she was busy too. I called Jake too, but he also ignored me. I feel like I'm all alone here.

I sigh deeply while watching the rain fall down my window. I am so bored. I tried drawing, but I don't have any inspiration left. Not even in Mrs. Campbell's classes. I just want to sleep.

"Emily! Your father and I are going out for dinner with his business partners. We'll be back around 12!" I hear my step mom call but I'm too tired to call back. This is nothing new for me, they do this every evening. I watch them run to the car and squirm in. They do love each other, you can see that.

I wish I had that.

I grab my phone and put up 5 Seconds of Summer - Amnesia. Yes, I became a bit of a fan after the concert. But not as much as I like One Direction.

I feel like I fell into a depression. I don't eat, I don't sleep, I even didn't talk and didn't get out of the house unless it's for school. I don't laugh or smile with Demi, Lisa and Jake like I used to.

It's just that annoying feeling, like something is being pressed down on your chest. You can't breathe, you can simply... be.

I sigh deeply and get up from my window seat. What can I do? I wanted to grab my sketchbook when someone rang the doorbell. I am so not in the mood for this. I look down at my clothes, sweats and a hoodie. Well I don't care.

I slowly walk downstairs and open the front door, meeting two emerald green eyes.

"What are you doing here?" My voice was hoarse and cracks, just like you'd expect after two weeks of no talking.

"What? I can't visit my best friend?" He asks and opens his arms, expecting me to hug him but I stand my ground.

"Well this best friend is not in the mood for a visit." I tell him and he drops his arms.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine."

"I know you're not." He states and I laugh sarcastically.

"Then why do you ask?"

"What happened Emily?" He asks and I cross my arms.

"What happened is that you ran off to some blonde girl and ignored me for two weeks straight. That happened." I tell him and he sighs, looking at the ground. It was still raining.

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah well me too." I sigh and walk away, leaving the door open. Harry follows me and closes the door.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing Harry." I tell him and walk to my room. I don't care if he stays and follows me. As long as he's silent. I sit down on the window seat again and see Harry in the corner of my eye. He scans my room and walk to the shelve with all my sketchbooks.