Chapter 25 - Winter Prom.

Words: 1210

Status: Edited

---

Emily's point of view.

Trust me, being ignored by your best friend is horrible. Demi didn't look at me once, which hurt me more that I can imagine. What had I done wrong? Did she hear a rumour about me? I have no idea.

But thank god Jake and Jess were there. They also had no idea what was going on and helped me through the day, which was exhausting. Lisa said she was sick, but she wasn't. She told me she wanted to sleep so she didn't have bags under her eyes. Beauty queen.

"Hellooo." Gemma grinned widely when I got in the car. Yes, Gemma is staying with me and Harry in his house. Harry thought it was ridiculous that she had to stay at a hotel while she could stay with us. Gemma didn't complain though.

"Hi." I smile back and buckle up. Harry was in the driver seat and gave me a quick kiss.

"Hey." He smiles warmly and I smiled back. Gemma coughed which made Harry and I laugh.

"Get used to it Gem, you live in my apartment for a week." Harry smirks and Gemma rolled her eyes, but still smiled.

"Hurry up little brother, we have a prom to go to."

Oh god.

---

"Oh my god, wow I did such a good job. You look breathtaking! Not that you didn't look that before, but you seriously look like a princess!" Gemma says with wide eyes and I laugh at her rambling.

"Calm down Gem."

She laughs and I stand up, walking to the mirror. I widen my eyes at the girl in front of me. Is that me? I look... Beautiful. A long Bordeaux red dress adorned on my body, black pumps at my feet, a silver bracelet around my left wrist and the Swallow necklace around my neck. And of course, the ring. Gemma braided my hair and hang over my left shoulder. She also gave me smokey eyes, nude lips and nude nails.

"Gemma I look... Wow. Thank you so so so much!" I embrace her tightly and she giggles.

"No problem Em. You look amazing, hope my brother doesn't die."

I laugh at her and look one last time in the mirror again, time to go to Harry. Gemma smiled at me and I walked out the room and went downstairs.

"Harry? Oh Harry?" Gemma sang and stood next to me. Harry walked out the kitchen and we both widen our eyes. He looked so good. Hair pushed back, black suit jacket, black dress shirt, black skinny jeans and black boots.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, like a princes from those Disney films." He breathed and walked to me, a big smile plastered on his face.

"Oh so you like those princesses, don't you?" I laugh and he rolls his eyes, looking down at me since I'm still smaller than him.

"You look pretty good yourself too." I grin, hands playing with his collar and he chuckles, kissing my forehead.

"I have to take a pic for mum." Gemma said and grabbed her phone. Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and I did the same. We smiled and Gemma took the picture.

"You two look so incredible together, it's not fair." Gemma shakes her head and I giggle, hugging her.

"You'll find someone too, I promise." I tell her and she smiles.

"It's time to go little one." Harry tells me and I smile, giving a nod. We say goodbye to Gemma and walk to Harry's car. He opened the door for me, which I thanked him for and we both sat down.

"You seriously look beautiful Ems." Harry said once again making me blush. It meant so much when he said it.

"Thank you H."

"You'll hear it a lot more tonight." He smiles and drives off. He's amazing.

---

"Holy shit Emily, you look good!" Jake widens his eyes and I laugh, giving him a hug.

"Thank you Jakey, you look good too."

Jake came with Jess, who disappeared to get some punch. They told me that they're just friends though.

Harry and Jake smiled awkwardly at each other and I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"You look smoking hot Em!" Jess grinned and hugged me tightly after giving the punch to Nathan.

"You look amazing!" I smile truthfully and she smiles. She did look good in her jumpsuit, she made it look classy.

"Niall and Demi are here." Harry whispered in my ear and I looked around, indeed seeing Niall's blonde hair and Demi's brown ones. She looked beautiful.

"Harry!" The Irish boy grinned and they have each other a man hug. It looked hilarious really.

"Emily? Wow, you look great." Demi smiled and I smiled awkwardly back.

"You also look great." I guess she noticed my awkwardness because she sighed deeply.

"Look I'm sorry, I was just upset. I really thought you weren't going to eat because of what you think of yourself. And I may or may not have been jealous because really... Niall still didn't ask me out" She tells me sadly and I smile weakly at her.

"He will, okay? You are an amazing girl and he would be blind if he wouldn't. By the way, sorry I ran off."

"Oh god no, don't apologise. I would have done the same thing if you did that to me." She giggles and I smile too. She hugged me tightly and pocked my cheek, which she always does.

"You and Harry are goals." She whispers in my ear and smirks when Harry kissed my head. I slapped her arm and smiled when Lisa and Tristan came to us. I've talked to Tristan a couple of times, he's nice. Life note, don't judge people by stories.

"You look amazing Em!" She smiles and we hug each other. I pick her cheeks and she laughs.

"You look marvellous Ms. Turner."

---

We danced, we laughed, we talked and the drank the awful tasting punch. Niall and Harry started talking a lot more with Jake and Tristan, which made me smile. I'm glad that my group of friends can hang out with Harry's. Not that Niall isn't my friend, he is.

It's almost the end and some people were already leaving. I looked around when I saw Harry in front of me.

"Can I have this dance?" He smiled at me, holding his hand out when Give Me Love from Ed Sheeran came. I smiled widely and took his hand. We walked to the dance floor and I wrapped my arms around Harry's neck when he putted his hands on my hips.

"I really can't dance." I giggle and he chuckles, shrugging.

"Doesn't matter, half of the people here can't dance either."

I smile at his words and put my head on his chest, listening to his steady breathing. No one watched us like I thought they'd do. They didn't look disgusting, they looked with adoration. Harry didn't had girls lying on his feet, which I was glad about. Some people came to us, saying we looked perfect together. Which made my blush and Harry chuckle. The guy chuckles a lot.

"Are you having fun?" He asked softly and I smiled, nodding in his chest. The music stopped and I looked up at Harry, who was already looking down at me. And now? Prom is over, what are we going to do?

"Are you tired?" He asked suddenly, narrowing his eyes. What is he up to?

"I'm wide awake actually." I tell him and he smirks, grabbing my hand.

"Good."